These leftover rotisserie chicken recipes make easy and delicious meals your family will love! And besides recipes where you can use leftover rotisserie chicken, we also include a yummy and super simple roast sticky chicken you can cook on a rotisserie or in the oven!
Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes – How I Get 4-5 Meals Out Of A Rotisserie Chicken
You can easily make 4 meals out of one rotisserie chicken from the store! I can get a rotisserie chicken for $5 and get 4-5 meals out of it for my family.
The first chicken recipe I am sharing is my own homemade rotisserie chicken recipe. This has been a staple in our dinners for more than 20 years and it is the BEST roasted chicken you will ever eat!
The leftover rotisserie chicken recipes that follow after it are designed to help you use up your rotisserie chicken so you can simply pick and choose which will be the easiest and tastiest for your family.
If it will just be 4 of us eating, I buy a smaller chicken. (We have 2 teens that are working and are not home a lot.) If all 6 of us are eating, I will get the biggest rotisserie chicken they have at the store which is even a better deal per person.
As a general guideline, we use the one rotisserie chicken in this way:
Dinner 1 – Eat the roasted rotisserie chicken. Mom and Dad split a chicken breast and I peel the meat off of 2 drumsticks to give to each of the boys. If the older kids are eating with us they get a thigh each. Then I fill out the rest of the meal with sides like rice, potatoes and vegetables.
Dinner 2 – Serve a dinner such as chicken tacos or a casserole using the leftover rotisserie chicken meat.
Dinner 3 – Boil the chicken bones overnight in the crockpot with an onion and carrot to make chicken broth for 2 chicken soups. (I pick the meat off before serving in the previous meals to reduce the possibility of spreading germs when reusing the bones.) Pick the remaining chicken meat off the bones and add to the broth. Divide the broth and use for chicken and noodles.
Dinner 4 – Use leftover broth and meat to make Chicken Barley Soup.
If I have leftovers, I’ll use them for lunch or another dinner.
That’s how we get 4-5 meals out of 1 rotisserie chicken. We usually have leftovers from one or more of the nights so I will serve those with sides like dinner rolls and sliced veggies.
This easy roast sticky chicken recipe is a great way to roast a large chicken! It is very easy to make and makes a great deli style chicken like your favorite rotisserie chicken. The meat comes out very moist and flavorful. This is the only way I will roast chicken now! It also makes wonderful leftovers!
The BEST EVER Roast Sticky Chicken Recipe
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 large (10 pounds) whole chicken, chicken parts or 20 lb. turkey
1 cup chopped onion or
1 sliced orange
- Combine all the spices.
- Remove the giblets from chicken.
- Rinse the chicken.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place the seasoned chicken into a 9×13 inch pan, seal with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- If you’re using chicken parts, just rub the seasoning over both sides of the parts.
- When you’re ready to roast the chicken, stuff the cavity with onions or oranges.
- Roast, uncovered, at 250° for 5 hours.
Roast chicken parts 3-5 hours.
Roast a turkey 8-10 hours.
- After the first hour, baste the chicken with pan juices every half hour to 45 minutes.
- If you don’t have enough juices after 3 hours to baste, add 1 cup of water to the pan.
The chicken will be golden to dark brown with caramelized juices on the bottom. Let the chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes:Print
How to Make Chicken Broth Out Of Leftover Rotisserie Chicken
Bones from leftover chicken
about 4 quarts of water
salt and pepper
onion powder (about 1 tsp.)
garlic powder (about 1 tsp.)
2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Add the chicken and water to a large stock pot or crockpot. If I have a bay leaf or a couple of carrots, I will throw them in.
- Sprinkle with all of the following (to taste): salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Cover and simmer for 2-5 hours (depending on when I remember it).
- Take out the chicken pieces.
- Strain, cool and remove the fat.
- Add the meat from the chicken back in and throw away the bones.
When I get ready to use it or reheat it, I taste it to see if it needs more salt, onion powder, etc.
This easy chicken barley soup recipe is a classic comfort food recipe that makes a tasty and hearty soup that your family will love! It’s a great way to use leftover chicken and is perfect for winter days.
Easy Chicken Barley Soup Recipe
This easy chicken barley soup recipe has always been a family favorite! It’s a healthy and delicious comfort food soup that everyone loves!
- Yield: 2 quarts
1/2 cup barley
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 carrot, diced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup chicken
1/4 tsp. turmeric (optional)
salt and pepper (to taste)
- Rinse and cook the barley in the broth as instructed on the package.
- Halfway through, add the vegetables, chicken and seasonings.
This easy chicken and dumplings recipe is an easy way to make chicken and dumplings like mom and grandma used to make! It’s a perfect comfort food!
Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- Yield: 4 servings
4 cups chicken broth
1/2–1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey, cooked
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. parsley flakes
- In a Dutch oven, combine broth, chicken, celery, carrots, bay leaf and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix, thyme, and parsley.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into the boiling broth.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Then cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. DO NOT PEEK or your dumplings will be soggy.
- Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon and serve in bowls.
- Remove the bay leaf and spoon the broth over the top of the dumplings.
This easy chicken pot pie recipe is delicious and easy to make, and is a great way to use leftover rotisserie chicken. You can use turkey instead of chicken and save even more money on this classic favorite!
Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- Yield: 4-6 servings
1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey, cooked and cubed
1 ( 10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp. thyme, dried
1 cup biscuit mix*
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and thyme.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg.
- Pour over the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
This easy chicken spinach pasta recipe is a super yummy and easy to make dinner recipe! It’ll give you a restaurant taste without the restaurant cost and you’ll save a bunch of money! You can grill your own chicken, but it’s also a super tasty leftover rotisserie chicken recipe as the rotisserie chicken gives it a nice flavor! You can find this recipe in our cookbook on page 198.
Easy Chicken Spinach Pasta Recipe
If you’re tired of marinara sauce, this easy chicken and pasta recipe makes a delicious meal, with chicken, pasta, spinach and garlic! It’s a great way to use leftover grilled chicken.
1 lb. fresh spinach, rinsed well
1 cup chicken broth
1 (16 oz.) pkg. pasta shells
1 tsp. olive oil or vegetable spray
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. nutmeg or mace
salt and pepper
1/2 lb. chicken breast, boned, skinned, grilled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the spinach in the broth until tender.
- Drain and reserve broth. Remove excess liquid by mashing.
- Cook pasta.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, add the oil or vegetable spray.
- Sauté the garlic, stirring constantly, until it is white (about 1 minute). Don’t allow it to brown.
- Add the spinach, nutmeg or mace and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces to the spinach and stir.
- Add a small amount of the reserved cooking broth.
- Stir the spinach until it is hot. If the spinach starts to get dry, add broth as necessary.
- Add the cooked pasta to the spinach mixture and blend well.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Serves 4.
This summer chicken fruit salad recipe makes a light, cool and refreshing salad you’re sure to enjoy. It is colorful and appealing and a perfect light meal for warm days! It’s especially great as a leftover rotisserie chicken recipe or grilled chicken recipe because the rotisserie or grill makes a nice flavor which complements this tasty salad!
Summer Chicken Fruit Salad Recipe
- Yield: 2 servings
- Arrange spinach leaves on 2 plates.
- Layer the other ingredients in order.
- Mix the mayonnaise and orange juice.
- Drizzle over salad.
Mexican Chicken Chowder Recipe
- Yield: 6-8 servings
1 lb. chicken, cooked and cubed
1/2 cup onion
1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. margarine
1 cup water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 cups Monterrey Jack or Mexican mix cheese, shredded
1 can cream style corn
1 (4 oz.) can green chilies, chopped, undrained
1/2 to 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce, to taste
1 tomato, chopped
- Sauté the chicken, onion and garlic in margarine.
- Add water and bouillon cubes.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Make sure the bouillon cubes are dissolved.
- Then add everything else but the tomato and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with tomato.
- Serve immediately.
Check out our easy and delicious homemade salsa recipe here!
Easy Chicken and Noodles Recipe (Great For Leftover Chicken)
- Yield: 4 servings
1 (8 oz.) pkg. egg noodles, cooked
1/2 lb. chicken, chopped
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the first three ingredients together in a casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until warmed.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
You can add 1 package of any vegetable.
Here’s another easy leftover rotisserie chicken recipe that is super delicious! This white chili recipe makes the BEST chili EVER!! I won first place a chili cookoff at church with this recipe! It was totally gone after everyone got to sample 18 different kinds of chili and, days later at church, everyone was still raving about this white chili. This is that good!!! You’ve got to try it!
Prize Winning Best White Chili Recipe
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 (15.5 oz.) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chiles
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute the chicken, onion and garlic until the chicken is cooked through.
- Mix the great Northern beans, chicken broth, green chiles, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper and cayenne pepper into the chicken mixture.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the flavors have blended, about 30 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with about 1/4 cup of water.
- Pour it into the pan and bring it to a boil until the chili is thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add butter, sour cream and whipped cream.
Chicken Confetti PizzaPrint
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- Yield: 2 Medium Pizzas
1 cup warm water (120°)
1 pkg. or 1 Tbsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. oil (Olive oil is best)
2 tsp. crushed garlic (optional)
1 tsp. basil (optional)
1 tsp. thyme (optional)
1 tsp. oregano (optional)
2 1/2–3 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in a bowl with warm water.
- Add sugar, salt and oil.
- Add spices as desired. Mix well.
- Gradually add flour to form a stiff dough.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth.
- Place in greased bowl. Turn dough over in the bowl in order to grease both sides. Cover and let rise until doubled.
Chicken Confetti Pizza Pizza Recipe
1 batch pizza dough
white (alfredo) sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Divide the dough in half for 2 medium pizzas or roll out the entire batch of dough for a 9×13 pan 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick. If you like, you can freeze the extra dough for a future pizza.
- Bake the dough for 5 minutes so the dough does not become soggy.
- Cover with pizza sauce.
- Add your choice of toppings and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes.
Easy Busy Day Soup Recipe
- Dump all of the ingredients into a large pot, without draining anything.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream or cheese.
Some of these leftover rotisserie chicken recipes are from our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!