When it’s too hot to use the oven, and you want cheesecake fast, make our no-bake cheesecake and have dessert on the table in no time at all. This is an easy no-bake cheesecake recipe your whole family will love.
While this isn’t exactly a three-ingredient no-bake cheesecake (it’s close!) what I love about this recipe is the addition of lemon juice, which helps cut the richness of the cream cheese and definitely improves the flavor of our no-bake cheesecake filling.
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake
We specialize in fast, convenient recipes at this house! Lots of people are asking, “How do you make no-bake cheesecake from scratch?” The answer is so simple and straightforward, you’ll love it! In fact, I recommend making it even easier — assign the recipe to your tween or teen and let them take care of dessert for supper.
For my easy no-bake cheesecake, you’ll use a store-bought graham cracker crust. Beat all the ingredients (except the pie crust ;-) and the pie filling) until they are thoroughly blended. You’ll need a hand mixer to get a nice smooth filling. Pour the mixture in your store-bought crust, smooth it out, and chill. That’s all there is to it.
Ingredients for the No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Cream Cheese. Buy the full-fat version.
- Lemon Juice. 1/4 cup which is about one medium lemon freshly squeezed, but I use bottled lemon juice for convenience.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk. A 14 oz. can.
- A Graham Cracker Crust. Store-bought is so convenient, but if you have time you can make our homemade graham cracker crust. The homemade crust requires baking so if you want to stay no-bake, you’ll want to use the store bought crust.
Tips for the Best Results
- Use room temperature cream cheese for the smoothest filling possible. Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and set it on the counter for an hour or two before mixing your cheesecake.
- Chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator to meld the flavors of lemon and sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese. Do not use the freezer until your cheesecake has been in a fridge for at least an hour.
- Purchase pre-made graham cracker crust or cookie crusts when they are on sale, and keep them on hand for a fast dessert option.
- Make individual cheesecakes with this filling by using cupcake liners in a muffin tin, and making your own crushed graham cracker crust.
- No need to bake the crust before you pour in your no-bake cheesecake filling.
Variations for the No-Bake Cheesecake
- Top with a can of pie filling before chilling the cheesecake. Any flavor of pie filling will work. We are partial to cherry or blueberry.
- Serve with macerated fruit (softened in sugar). Strawberries work particularly well; just soak some strawberries in sugar for a couple of hours and stir them well in their own juices before serving.
- Add toasted coconut flakes or roasted almonds to the top.
- Use a chocolate cookie crust for your no-bake cheesecake instead, and top with chocolate ganache sauce. You can often find cookie crusts at your local supermarket.
- Use crushed candy bars or cookies to top the cheesecake. Butterfinger bars work particularly well, but you could use any of your favorites.
- Smooth on a jar of lemon curd as a topping. If you want to get fancy, use crushed lemon cookies to form the crust for this variation.
Storing Leftover Cheesecake
You can keep this classic no-bake cheesecake in your refrigerator for about a week before it goes bad. (Lol, like it would last that long!) Use an airtight container for the best results.
Freeze individual slices of cheesecake for a quick creamy almost-frozen dessert all summer long. You can partially thaw these slices and add toppings if desired for a delicious treat. If you plan to freeze slices of cheesecake for single servings, I recommend you freeze the slices on a tray until they are solid. Then wrap each slice in plastic wrap or parchment paper and place the slices in a freezer bag to have on hand as needed. You can keep cheesecake slices in the freezer for at least one month.
Don’t forget to check out the No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe in Dining on a Dime cookbook, Volumes 1 and 2!
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe – Easy And Delicious!
When it’s too hot to use the oven, and you want cheesecake fast, make our no-bake cheesecake recipe and have dessert on the table in no time at all! This is an easy no-bake cheesecake recipe your whole family will love.
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese (not lowfat)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not lowfat)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup lemon juice
graham cracker crust
pie filling of choice (for topping, optional)
- Beat first 4 ingredients together.
- Spoon into a graham cracker crust.
- Top with pie filling, if desired.