You will absolutely adore this easy blueberry cheesecake bake, perfect for Saturday morning breakfast or Sunday dessert. It’s a wonderful treat that tastes just like blueberry cheesecake without all the work!
Our easy blueberry cheesecake bake is perfect for Saturday morning breakfast or Sunday dessert or any time you want the goodness of blueberries and cheesecake without the stress of making cheesecake. Since this recipe is made with cinnamon rolls, you could also call this a blueberry cinnamon roll bake.
The sweetness of the cinnamon rolls with the contrast of the sour from blueberries and the richness of cream cheese creates a perfectly balanced dessert.
What is a Blueberry Cheesecake Bake?
While this is not a traditional blueberry cheesecake, you get all the flavors of an incredible cheesecake with the ease of using store-bought ingredients in an ingenious way. Using store-bought cinnamon rolls in a can, you can have a dessert everyone will love in the oven in minutes. Bite-sized bits of cinnamon rolls are surrounded by a cheesecake-like filling saturated with blueberry flavor.
How to Make the Blueberry Cheesecake Bake
This recipe comes together so easily you will be amazed at how good it tastes. First, soften the cream cheese and then mix the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon with the blueberries and stir thoroughly. Next, cut the cinnamon rolls up into quarters and break those quarters into smaller pieces that you stir into the cream cheese mixture. Spread this mixture out on a 9×13 pan and bake it all for about thirty minutes. Once it is baked, add the icing you set aside from the cinnamon roll can. It’s so tasty!
Ingredients for the Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Bake recipe
- Cream Cheese. An eight-ounce block is just right for this recipe.
- Sugar. Just regular granulated sugar will do just fine.
- Fresh Blueberries. The farmer’s markets will have the best fresh blueberries in late Spring or early summer, but you can find fresh berries at the grocer all year long. Fresh berries make the blueberry cheesecake bake extra yummy, but in a pinch, you could thaw frozen blueberries.
- Lemon Zest or Lemon Juice. Either one will work fine.
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing. I love using these as the base of recipes because it takes out all of the hard work of making bread dough.
How to Store Leftovers
If you do have leftovers for the blueberry cheesecake bake, just keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. If you don’t think you’ll finish them all off in a few day’s time, try freezing individual portions in freezer-safe bags or containers. These can be thawed in the microwave for use later.
Tips to Make It an Amazing Dessert
- Fresh blueberries should be a beautiful deep purple color that is almost black. They should also be firm and dry, never slimy. Plump berries that don’t look like they are turning into raisins are ideal.
- Slice up the cinnamon rolls into quarters and then eighths using a sharp knife. Bite-sized pieces are best.
- Grate the yellow skin off of lemons for lemon zest. Avoid the white part, called the “pith” or you will have a bitter taste with no flavor in your dish. If you don’t have fresh lemons to zest, lemon juice will work just fine.
- Set the little icing can that comes with your canned cinnamon rolls aside and leave it out to thaw while your blueberry cinnamon roll bake is in the oven. This way it will be ready to spread or drizzle when dessert is ready.
What to serve with Blueberry Cheesecake Bake
The fun thing about this dish is that it can work in so many different ways. It makes a perfectly respectable breakfast pastry to start the day. If you prefer to have it as your dessert you can serve it after any meal. You could even make this dish to serve at an afternoon tea or take it to a brunch party.
Egg Brunch Bake. A delicious baked egg dish your whole family will love.
Brunch Sausage and Egg Casserole. A mixture of sausage and eggs with veggies, baked in a 9×13 pan.
A Sparkling Brunch Punch. Perfectly blended juices and soda for a fun brunch drink.
If you want to stick with the blueberry theme, try our blueberry crunch coffee cake.
Make a selection of complimentary breakfast desserts to serve with the blueberry cheesecake bake with these recipes.
Apple Fritter Bake. A yummy and easy apple fritter dessert.
Traditional Coffee Cake. This is the recipe you think of when you hear coffee cake.
Easy Cinnamon Roll Pizza. A fast and easy dessert that makes everyone happy.
Blueberry Cheesecake Bake
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest or 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add blueberries and stir until combined.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters. (Save icing for later)
- Break up quarters into pieces and add pieces to the cream cheese mixture.
- Place in an even layer in the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool and squeeze icing over top and serve.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!