This easy barbecue beef sandwiches recipe is the beginning of an easy meal plan, perfect for summer! You’ll also find a delicious cottage cheese potato salad recipe and an easy S’mores bars recipe for dessert.
The barbecue beef sandwiches recipe starts with leftover pot roast, but you can use any kind of leftover beef you may have on hand. If you don’t have any leftover pot roast on hand, you can also find our easy slow cooked pot roast recipe here! That post also includes lots of other easy leftover roast beef recipes.
If you want to make the pot roast first, you can start it the night before and let it slow cook overnight. Then you will be able to make several meals out of it over the next few days including today’s easy barbecue beef sandwiches recipe.
- Is my cantaloupe ripe? It is hard to tell when melons are ripe. Each person has his or her own special way. Here are two ways I have found that work for me:
- Smell the end where the stem was. If it smells like a cantaloupe, it is ripe.
- Gently shake the cantaloupe. If you hear the seeds sloshing around inside it is ripe. This is my favorite way to tell if a cantaloupe is ripe.
- Tuna can sometimes be messy in a sandwich so, for a different summer lunch, put tuna in ice cream cones for the kids. The flavor of the cone and the tuna really tastes good together.
- Need another way to use leftover mashed potatoes? Place leftover potatoes in a greased muffin tin and top with chopped onions, bacon or sausage, Parmesan cheese and a dab of butter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
Easy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Meal Plan:
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Cottage Cheese Potato Salad*
Easy Barbecue Beef Recipe
Here’s an easy and delicious barbecue beef sandwiches recipe you can make in just a few minutes! It’s a great way to use leftover pot roast!
leftover roast beef (pot roast)
3 Tbsp. water
- Put leftover beef in a saucepan.
- Add water.
- Heat on medium until warmed through.
- Add enough barbecue sauce to coat the roast beef.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve on buns, bread or toast.
Cottage Cheese Potato Salad
This cottage cheese potato salad is a cool and delicious salad perfect for barbecues and get-togethers! Fancier and heartier than regular potato salad!
1 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. salt (to taste)
1/4 tsp. pepper, to taste
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
4 large potatoes, cooked and cubed
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup radishes, sliced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green onions, diced
2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
If you’re making this recipe for a get together, you can make this go very quickly if you slice and dice the veggies and hard boil the eggs the day before.
Easy S’Mores Bars Recipe
This easy S’mores bars recipe is an easy and delicious dessert recipe you can throw together in just 5 minutes and bake. It’s a perfect dessert for summer picnics and it’s also a great snack for kids!
8–10 whole graham crackers
1 package brownie mix
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange graham crackers in a 13×9 inch pan.
- Mix brownie batter according to the directions on the brownie mix package.
- Pour brownie batter over graham crackers.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Bake five minutes longer, until marshmallows are melted, puffy and golden. Cool before cutting.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!