This easy homemade French bread recipe makes the BEST homemade French bread you will ever eat! It doesn’t take too long to make and your family will LOVE it! Once you eat homemade French bread, you will never go back to store bought! You can find this recipe in volume 1 of our Dining On A Dime Cookbook.
French bread is a delicious addition to many kinds of meals, but did you know it is easy to make homemade French bread with our tasty and easy French bread recipe! Our family loves the amazing smell of fresh baking French bread and everyone looks forward to the delicious taste of warm fresh French bread as they smell it baking!
This easy French bread recipe makes French bread that is much more fluffy and delicious than the French bread in your local grocery store. Once you have tried it, you won’t want to go back to the pre-packaged kind!
French bread is perfect eaten plain or with butter or jam, but you can also make other delicious foods using French bread as a base. It’s perfect for sub sandwiches, French bread pizza, French Toast and more!
Here are some easy recipes great for using homemade French toast!
Easy French Toast Recipe – French toast is a delicious breakfast item, but it’s especially good when you make it with thick cut French bread!
Overnight French Toast From 10 Easy Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes – This is one of our kids’ favorite breakfast recipes for special occasions!
Homemade Croutons Recipe – Don’t waste leftover French bread! This cruotons recipe is an easy way to use it all, even if it’s beyond using in other ways!
It’s also easy to make homemade garlic bread with this homemade French bread and we include instructions to make garlic bread from this homemade French bread or your favorite store bought French bread. Just add some butter and garlic, wrap in foil and heat in the oven. Garlic bread is a perfect addition to Italian dishes, steaks and lots more!
If you are single or if you have a small family, this homemade French bread can easily be sliced and frozen so you can bake an entire loaf and enjoy it a little at a time as the mood strikes!Print
Easy Homemade French Bread Recipe
- Yield: 2 loaves 1x
1 pkg. or 1 Tbsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. sugar or honey
1 cup warm water (110-115°)
2 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
3 – 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. milk
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Add oil and salt and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead 10 minutes on a floured board.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Punch down and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half on a floured surface into a 15-inch long log.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Place the dough on the greased cookie sheets
- Make 5 slashes diagonally across the tops.
- Mix egg and milk and brush on top.
- Let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
Easy Garlic Bread
- Spread garlic butter onto bread or French bread and then broil until golden brown.
- If using a French bread loaf, cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Spread garlic butter onto both halves and wrap in aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 375° and bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Slice before serving.
This easy homemade French bread recipe is from Volume 1 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!