This is the BEST easy French Toast recipe!! Mom (Jill) makes this for the grandkids almost every day when she visits. All of our kids have just loved it and they often request it! I know your kids and grandkids will love it too! Make it today and you will feel like you’re sitting in grandma’s kitchen.
You can find this recipe in volume 1 of our Dining On A Dime Cookbook.
The Best Easy French Toast Recipe!
This is the BEST easy French toast recipe!! Sweet, crunchy and delicious, everyone will be begging for more! Perfect for holidays or anytime!
- Yield: 10–12 slices 1x
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
10–12 slices day-old bread
- Put eggs in a shallow dish and beat.
- Mix in milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat and grease.
- Dip each bread slice into the egg mixture just before cooking.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup or powdered sugar and butter. Makes 10-12 slices.
- If you don’t have day-old bread, lightly toast the bread and then dip it in the batter so it doesn’t get soggy.
- This French toast recipe tastes great when fried in bacon grease.
This best easy french toast recipe is from our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!