This chocolate whoopie pies recipe makes easy homemade whoopie pies that are sure to satisfy your chocolate loving family and friends! These are the classic whoopie pies, with sweet, creamy filling sandwiched between two soft chocolatey cookies!
These chocolate whoopie pies are super easy to make yourself, so the next time your kids have friends over or you just have a craving for a decadent creamy chocolate dessert, pop these in the oven and you’ll have a terrific sweet treat!
Chocolate Whoopie Pies Recipe
½ cup sugar
¼ cup shortening
½ cup dark corn syrup
½ cup cocoa
½ cup sour milk
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Using a ¼ cup ice cream scoop, drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 5-10 minutes.
When cool, mix filling and spread on half of the cookies. Then top with the other halves.
Whoopie Pie Filling
2¾ cups powdered sugar
¼ cup half and half
¼ tsp. salt
Whoopie Pie Variations
- Mint Chocolate: Add ¼ tsp. peppermint extract and a few drops green food coloring in the filling.
- Marshmallow: Use marshmallow creme for filling.
- Peanut Butter: Add 2 Tbsp. peanut butter to filling.
- Chocolate: Add 1-2 Tbsp. baking cocoa to filling.
- Cherry: Add 1 Tbsp. cherry gelatin powder to filling.
- Strawberry: Add 1 Tbsp. cherry gelatin powder to filling.
- Cheesecake: Add 3 Tbsp. cream cheese to filling.
This Chocolate Whoopie Pies Recipe is from volume 2 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!