This tasty meal plan includes a yummy Italian French Dip Sandwiches Recipe! They taste something like pizza or meatball sandwiches and are a different twist on a French Dip style with the Italian flavor that you love! You’ll also find recipes for Easy Potato Salad, Cinnamon Carrots and an Easy No Bake Cheesecake.
Italian French Dip Sandwiches And Easy No-Bake Cheesecake
- Cutting your salads or veggies into different shapes can quickly turn a “Ho hum” salad into an “Oh yum” salad.
- Slice your carrots into coins or grate them.
- Cut your peppers into strips instead of dicing them.
- Slice cucumbers into circles or if that’s what you usually do, try dicing them.
- If you normally tear your lettuce, try cutting it until it is finely shredded. I find that more people love my salad, which is very ordinary. I think they like it because I chop my lettuce very small and they enjoy eating it more because they don’t have to cut it or try stuffing huge pieces into their mouths.
- If your potato salad often seems dry, try mixing 2-4 Tbsp. of milk in with the mayo. You can do this with coleslaw or any salad that uses mayonnaise.
Italian French Dip Sandwiches*
Easy Potato Salad*
Easy No Bake Cheesecake*
Italian French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Combine and simmer about 15 minutes.
1 lb bulk (ground) Italian or country sausage
1 med. onion, thinly sliced and separated
8 slices mozzarella cheese or a similar amount of Parmesan
8 pieces of French bread, sliced
Shape sausage into patties and fry. Remove from pan and saute onions in drippings. Place a slice of cheese on each of 4 pieces of bread, top with patties, onions and another slice of cheese each. Then place another piece of bread on top of each one. Spread outside of bread with margarine and grill.
Serve and dip in dipping sauce.
*To save money, you can use less meat, make smaller patties and use only 1 slice of cheese for each sandwich.
Easy Potato Salad Recipe
2 or 3 cans white potatoes (I like Aldi’s canned potatoes.) – Open and drain each can. Then rinse each can under cold water at least 3 times. It is important to get the water from the cans rinsed off.
1/2 medium onion
4 ribs of celery
4 sweet pickles
3 boiled eggs
1 large tsp. yellow mustard
4 heaping Tbsp. Miracle Whip (bought on sale, of course)
Chop up the potatoes. Dice everything else. Mix in mustard and Miracle Whip. Cover and chill over night or all day.
Sometimes you run out of fresh potatoes and sometimes you’re snowed in. We all love this. Hope you will too!
From Linda C. in Ohio:
1 1/2 cups water
2 lbs. carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1-2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches each)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground ginger
5-6 Tbsp. honey
4 tsp. lemon juice
Bring water to a boil. Add next 4 ingredients. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add honey and lemon juice. Uncover and boil for a couple more minutes until water is evaporated and carrots are tender.
Easy No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
1- 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1- 8 oz. container whipped topping
Beat first 3 ingredients together. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into a graham cracker crust and chill.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!