This no bake peanut butter cookie recipe is easy to make with no baking and just a few minutes’ work. Easy enough that the kids can help!
Here’s a no bake peanut butter cookie recipe kids are sure to love! I’m also including some other cheap and easy summer treat ideas that will make life easier and are kid approved! Not all recipes have to be cooked or complicated and these no bake peanut butter cookies are perfect!
Most of us don’t want to bake in the heat of summer, but the kids still need cookies and lots of them. These make perfect summer snacks, fillers for school lunches and more. Who doesn’t love cookies, and especially when they’re easy.
This peanut butter cookie recipe is super easy to make! Just spread the cookies with peanut butter filling and dip in chocolate. Older kids can make these cookies themselves and younger kids can help mom make them (if Mom is feeling adventurous LOL).
This no bake peanut butter cookie recipe starts with:
- Ritz crackers or Ritz-style butter crackers. I have always found these handy crackers to be a great base for desserts and other snacks!
- Peanut butter. Any kind will work. Creamy peanut butter might be easier to use for this recipe, but crunchy would probably be fine if you don’t mind a thicker crunchy center!
- Chocolate almond bark. The recipe calls for chocolate, but you can easily use white almond bark or melted chocolate chips if you prefer.
To make this no bake peanut butter cookie recipe:
This no bake peanut butter cookie recipe is super easy. Start with the Ritz crackers, spread peanut butter over the top and then top with a second cracker.
Next, you’ll melt the almond bark in the microwave. You have to be careful not to burn the almond bark. To avoid burning it and achieve the right consistency, microwave 30 seconds at a time, stir and then melt a little more until it is the right consistency. It should take around 2 to 2 1/2 minutes altogether for most microwaves.
Then you’ll lay each cookie on a piece of wax paper and allow the chocolate to harden. If you like, you can also roll the dipped cookie in a coating, like coconut or sprinkles.
For more easy recipes for cookies, tasty desserts and more, check out our cookbooks:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Chocolate almond bark
- Spread peanut butter on a cracker.
- Top with a second cracker.
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip the crackers in the melted almond bark. Lay each cookie on wax paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Try spreading different things that sound good on the crackers, like:
- marshmallow fluff
- fruit flavored jam
- or a combination of these
- You can also dip the cookies in other flavors of almond bark, like white almond bark.
- For a tasty texture, you can use crushed pretzels or coconut and mix into the melted almond bark before dipping.
- For a fancier presentation, you can also dip the cookies in the almond bark first and then roll in coconut or sprinkles.
Here are some other snacks for kids that are just as easy as our no bake peanut butter cookie recipe!
Years ago when food was a lot more expensive and not nearly as plentiful, most people didn’t waste anything. People scraped every drop from the bowl and even 1-2 Tablespoons of leftovers were saved to use in some way, including leftover frosting. Often I will decorate something and have just a tiny bit of frosting remaining. This recipe is the perfect answer to that dilemma because it only needs a tiny bit of frosting.
Spread any frosting on soda crackers for a treat the kids will love. These are so good you may find yourself opening a can of frosting just so you can make some. It is a great inexpensive snack to make for when all those neighborhood kids are at your house and you need something fast and easy.
Butter and Jam Crackers
Spread regular soda crackers with a thin layer of butter. Then add your favorite jelly or jam.
I love doing this all the time. These aren’t only good in the summer. They’re also great with chili or soup in the winter. It is that salty, sweet taste we like so much. I have also used peanut butter in place of the butter – with or without the jam. It is a lifesaver when you are out of bread to add these to a meal.
Peanut Butter and White Corn Syrup
This simple snack recipeis one of our favorites. Like the others, it is so good with chili or soup. I often eat this combination for my lunch.
Mix equal parts peanut butter and white corn syrup. Then spread on soda crackers. Sometimes, I use a little less syrup than peanut butter.
If you like this no bake peanut butter cookie recipe, you might like these recipes:
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe – Easy And Delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.