This easy oven fried chicken recipe with biscuits is a super easy way to make yummy fried chicken your family will love! It’s a cheap and easy comfort food meal!
- If you use a lot of caramelized onions, make some extra and freeze for the next time you need them. They last 3 months in the freezer.
- If you are having a party and will be serving ice cream, fill a muffin tin with cupcake papers and put a scoop of ice cream in each then refreeze. No more sticky hurried mess trying to dig out and serve ice cream while your guests (or impatient children) wait.
- When making baked potatoes, make a few extra to peel and use the next day to make potato soup, potato salad or fried potatoes.
Easy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe With Biscuits*
Candied Red Sweet Potatoes*
Celery/Green Pepper Sticks
Honey Spice Snaps*
Recipes For This Meal Plan:
This easy oven fried chicken recipe with biscuits is super tasty! The recipe is wonderful because of how the frying chicken flavors the biscuits, but you can just make the fried chicken if you like. I make it both ways and my family loves it!
Once I realized how easy it is to make this oven fried chicken, I started making it a lot more often. It’s a great way to please the hungry family when I’m not feeling that great and I don’t feel like doing a lot of extra work. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and then I can leave it to bake while I do other things.
If you want to feed a larger group, you can easily double or triple this recipe. My husband and teenagers love it so I often make a larger batch. If there’s any chicken left over, it’s easy for them to warm it up in the microwave or air fryer for a quick lunch. Air frying the chicken leftovers give then the same oven fried chicken crispiness!
Oven Fried Chicken Recipe with Biscuits
This easy oven fried chicken recipe with biscuits is a super easy way to make yummy fried chicken your family will love! It’s a cheap and easy meal and my teenagers love it so much, they always ask for more!
This recipe is from our Dining On A Dime Cookbook, Volume 2.
4 –5 Tbsp. margarine (not butter)
1/2 cup baking mix
4–6 pieces of chicken
Salt and pepper
1 can refrigerator biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt margarine in a 9×13 inch pan.
- Pour baking mix on a plate or in a plastic bag.
- Roll chicken in the margarine, then into the baking mix.
- Place back into the pan.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the juices run clear.
- About 5-10 minutes before the chicken is done, push the pieces of chicken tightly against one side of the pan and lay biscuits into the pan on the opposite side.
- Finish baking until the biscuits are brown.
It’s okay to lay the biscuits in the margarine and all in the bottom of the pan. That makes the biscuits margarine soaked and crispy. Oh, yum!
You can serve virtually anything with this easy oven fried chicken recipe. Since it already includes the biscuits, I will usually throw a vegetable like broccoli, mixed vegetables or green beans (We prefer French cut if we can find them) in the microwave when the fried chicken is finishing because it’s so easy. If I don’t end up making the biscuits, sometimes I will serve rice in their place along with a vegetable.
The following recipes also go well with the oven fried chicken recipe. They are part of the easy meal plan we have included above.
Candied Red Sweet Potatoes
This candied red sweet potatoes recipe is a tasty variation on candied sweet potatoes, but with a kick! Candied sweet potatoes are delicious because they are made with a syrup that complements the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes. This recipe also includes red hot candies, which add a sweet and spicy flavor to the sweet potatoes.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup red cinnamon candies (red hots)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2–3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced to 1 1/2″ thick
- In a large skillet, heat sugar, water, candies and butter to a boil.
- Carefully place the sweet potatoes in a single layer in the hot syrup to cover the bottom of skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until done and syrup is thick (about 1 hour).
- Baste several times with syrup while cooking.
These can be prepared ahead of time and warmed up.
Honey Spice Snaps Cookie Recipe
This easy honey spice snaps recipe makes tasty drop cookies that kids and familes love and that are an easy take along treat for parties! With honey, ginger, cinnamon and more, they have a wonderful homey flavor!
- Yield: 2 dozen
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup honey or dark corn syrup
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 1/2 tsp. soda
2 1/4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream brown sugar and shortening.
- Add the egg and honey or corn syrup.
- Mix well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir into the sugar mixture until well blended.
- Shape into balls.
- Dip half the ball in water, then in sugar.
- Place sugar side up on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Makes 2 dozen.
For more recipes like this easy oven fried chicken recipe, be sure to check out our cookbooks!
The easy oven fried chicken recipe is in volume 2 of our cookbook.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!