Here is an easy meal plan with a 2 ingredient barbecue chicken recipe, coleslaw and more! You can easily make this meal with just a few minutes’ work for less than $5 for your entire family!
Easy 2 Ingredient Barbecue Chicken Recipe And Meal Plan
- Use kitchen shears to cut green onions and chives. It is much faster and safer.
- If your honey becomes crystallized, don’t throw it away. Warm it in the microwave or a pan of boiling water. Stir it until it becomes clear.
Frozen Fruit Cocktail Dessert
2 Ingredient Barbecue Chicken Recipe
4 chicken quarters
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Plae chicken quarters into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Pour barbecue sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. The internal temperature should be 165° or higher.
Easy Coleslaw Recipe
- Yield: 8 servings
1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup sugar
1 small head cabbage, shredded
3 carrots, shredded
- Mix mayonnaise or salad dressing in a bowl with the sugar.
- Mix cabbage and carrots together.
- Add sauce to cabbage and carrots just before serving.
The dressing can be made in advance and stored in a separate container in the refrigerator. Serves 8.
Easy Fried Potatoes Recipe
6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
2–3 Tbsp. bacon grease (You can use margarine but the flavor isn’t quite the same)
- Melt bacon grease in a hot frying pan.
- Add the potatoes.
- Cook over medium high heat.
- When golden brown flip to the other side and cook until the other side is brown and the potatoes are tender.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
Frozen Fruit Cocktail Recipe
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1(16 oz.) can fruit cocktail
- Whisk or beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Drain fruit.
- Mix fruit into cream cheese.
- Pour into a loaf pan (or anything freezer proof and about that size).
- Let thaw slightly before you are ready to serve.
- Slice like you would bread. Sometimes a warm knife makes it easier.
For more quick and easy meals and recipes, check out our cookbooks:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
That frozen fruit cocktail is definitely something I will like. I just love these easy recipes. They add so much to my life.
Mary Joy @Seeds of Encouragement Sewn with Grace
Oh how incredibly yummy!!! Sounds like the perfect summer supper!!!
My cole slaw is similar to your recipe except I also add lime juice. Never measure it, just use a capful of the bottled stuff. Makes it really great.
I’m making the chicken for dinner tonight for our 39th anniversary! Along it’s a bean salad and the frozen fruit cocktail! It’s hot here today, 104, so we’re eating easy.
Also having the sweet tea!
Oh yum Pat. you may be eating easy but it sure sounds good and congrats on your anniversary.
Thank you for a delicious and simple menu, which inspired me to have tonight. You guys are so helpful!!
You are so welcome Jackie!