This easy toll house chocolate chip cookie recipe makes delicious chocolate chip cookies that taste just like toll house cookie bars! You can make these as bar cookies or regular chocolate chip cookies.
These toll house cookie bars make easy delicious moist and gooey cookies sure to satisfy the chocolate chip cookie lover in your family!
If you prefer, you can make the regular chocolate chip cookie variation and they will be more crunchy like classic chocolate chip cookies. Either way, you’ll have a yummy treat that everyone is sure to love, especially kids! They are perfect for after school snacks, parties and packed lunches!
Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe describes how to make toll house cookie bars, but if you prefer, you can make them as regular round chocolate chip cookies. Prepare the batter as above. Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes at 350°
You might also want to try these other tasty cookie recipes!
- The BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Easy No Bake Fudge Cookies Recipe – Our kids’ favorite easy cookie recipes. If you’re having a serious chocolate attack, this one is for you!
This easy Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe is from volume 2 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!