This easy Swiss Steak recipe makes a tasty meal that your family will love! It’s easy to make in a skillet on the stovetop or in a crockpot! This post contains 2 Swiss steak recipes that can easily be cooked in the crockpot along with garlic green beans and coconut brownies!
Swiss Steak Recipes, Garlic Green Beans and Coconut Brownies
Today’s delicious meal plan includes 2 Swiss steak recipes that can easily be cooked in the crockpot along with mashed potatoes, garlic green beans and super yummy coconut brownies!
- Add seedless jam to your frosting for color and flavor. This would be really good on angel food cakes, white cakes or spread on a slice of banana or other quick bread. Think to of chocolate cake or brownies frosted with raspberry jam frosting.
- To use up leftover mashed potatoes, shape them around 3/4 inch cubes of Velveeta cheese then roll in crushed potato chips. Bake at 350 degrees until slightly brown.
- When making gravies or sauces in creamed dishes, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to add a little zip to the taste. It isn’t strong enough to know what it is but just adds a little something.
Garlic Green Beans*
Bread, Butter and Jam
Here are 2 good recipes for Swiss steak:Print
Easy Crockpot Swiss Steak Recipe
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
2 lbs. round steak
1 Tbsp. oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2–3 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, peeled
2 carrots, sliced (optional)
2 cups water
8 potatoes, boiled or mashed (optional)
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub into round steak.
- Cut round steak into serving-sized pieces.
- Brown meat in oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour all of the vegetables except the potatoes over the steak.
- Add water.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours or all day on low in the crockpot.
- Serve over potatoes if desired. Serves 4.
Easy Swiss Steak Recipe
Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder
2–3 lbs. round steak
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream
- Mix the flour with seasonings.
- Dredge the steak in the flour mixture.
- Pour a small amount of oil into a frying pan.
- Brown steak in the pan on both sides.
- Add water, turn down heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add sour cream just before serving.
Garlic Green Beans Recipe
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 tsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. dried onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
3 cups frozen green beans, thawed
3 Tbsp. bread crumbs
3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the beans and coat with the garlic mixture.
- Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter.
- Sprinkle over the beans.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes. It just needs to be heated through.
Coconut Brownies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Mix the topping ingredients.
- Spread over the baked brownies.
- Place under the broiler (about 3 inches from the heat) to slightly brown the coconut.
This easy Swiss Steak recipe is from our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!