This easy homemade milkshake recipe is a tasty way to enjoy a gourmet tasting milkshake in minutes without having to spend the high price of a specialty milkshake out!
Milkshakes are usually delicious, but it’s so expensive to buy them at a specialty ice cream store. Don’t waste your money spending too much for someone else to make it when you make it yourself for a lot less in minutes.
Here’s an easy milkshake recipe you can use to make homemade milkshakes that taste just as good as the expensive specialty milkshakes. Thi recipe includes chopped bits of candy bars, so it is a perfect way to use leftover candy after holidays like Valentine’s Day Halloween or Christmas.
A milkshake is really just a mixture of ice cream and milk, so it’s easy to make a basic milkshake just by blending together your favorite flavor of ice cream and some milk until you get the right consistency. This candy bar milkshake recipe calls for chocolate or vanilla ice cream, but you can easily modify it by using your favorite flavor of ice cream.
You can use any kind of candy bars you like, so feel free to experiment! You can also add your favorite fruit like cherries or strawberries. If you keep the consistency thick, you will end up with something like a homemade blizzard. If you prefer your milkshake thinner, you can add more milk.Print
Easy Candy Bar Milkshakes Recipe
- Yield: 2 milkshakes
1 cup mini candy bars, chopped
2 cups (1 pint) ice cream (chocolate or vanilla)
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1 1/4 cups milk
whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
- Chop candies in a food processor. They are easier to chop if they are partially frozen.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until blended.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping if you like!
This recipe makes a thick milkshake. Add 1/4 cup milk for a thinner shake or adjust milk as desired. Makes 2 milkshakes.
- If you prefer a more lively milkshake, you can use any flavor of ice cream you like. Berry ice creams often compliment chocolate well, so feel free to experiment!
- If you like, you can add fruit like cherries, strawberries or bananas.
- This milkshake recipe calls for chopped mini candy bars, but you can use larger bars and cut them into smaller pieces. You can also use chocolate chips.
- This recipe works great with all kinds of candy bars, not just plain chocolate. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate with almonds, chocolate with rice krispies, chocolate with peanuts and more!
More Milkshake And Smoothie Recipes:
For more easy milkshake recipes and recipes for homemade smoothies, check out volume 1 and volume 2 of our cookbook!
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!