Indulge in a delectable ice cream pie recipe that can be easily made and frozen at home! Why spend money on a store-bought version when you can whip up this tasty treat for a fraction of the cost? It’s perfect for sharing at parties and get-togethers, or simply enjoying anytime you crave a sweet and refreshing dessert.
This easy ice cream pie recipe makes a delicious and cool dessert perfect for any occasion! It’s super easy to make with a few minutes’ work. Then pop it in the freezer and it will be ready within a couple of hours. It’s perfect for parties or for a special treat anytime. This ice cream pie is a cool treat that is great in the summer, but also wonderful to serve for holidays!
There’s no reason to spend too much for ice cream pie at the ice cream shop. It’s super easy to make yourself.
How To Make The Ice Cream Pie
Start with a crust of crushed Oreo cookies blended with butter. The off-brand version of Oreo cookies works just fine! Then press the crust into a pie plate.
Next, you will layer ice cream with your choice of ice cream toppings, nuts and whipped cream. You can make it as simple or as fancy as you like. Feel free to use alternating ice cream flavors for more ice cream layers.
You can use any toppings you like, like chocolate, butterscotch or caramel, or if you prefer choose your favorite fruit flavors. You can also layer with any other toppings that sound good to you like miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips, miniature candy bars, nuts, coconut and more!
Whichever toppings you choose, you’re sure to love it! This easy ice cream pie recipe is simple to make ahead of time and store in the freezer when you need to grab something fast!
Easy Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Here’s an easy ice cream pie recipe you can make and freeze for a delicious treat anytime! Delicious and perfect for parties and get-togethers!
- Mix crust ingredients.
- Press into a pie pan.
- Pile the ice cream on top of the crust.
- Pour on the topping.
- Layer with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate, sprinkles or chopped nuts, if desired.
- You can use any flavor of ice cream you like. Vanilla is always a good choice, especially when you want the flavor to be determined more from the toppings, but chocolate or any other flavor you prefer all work great.
- Feel free to layer one layer with one flavor of ice cream and then make a separate layer with another ice cream flavor.
- You can use any flavor of ice cream toppings you prefer. You can use the standard chocolate or fudge topping, caramel, butterscotch or if you prefer, try caramel, fruit toppings, marshmallow toppings or whatever you like.
- For the layers, you can feel free to use goodies like chocolate chips, sprinkles, crushed candies, coconut, M&Ms and more.
- For a more fruity flavor, spread a can of pie filling for one or more layers. Cherry, strawberry and blueberry are all good choices.
- You can use any kind of nuts you like. Almonds and peanuts are good choices, but you can use any nuts that sound good to you.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!