Try this Homemade Fruit Smoothies Recipe, along with lots of extra add-in suggestions to give you lots of variety! Fruit Smoothies are both healthy and delicious. They make a great quick breakfast or a tasty snack! These Homemade Fruit Smoothie recipes can be found in our Dining On A Dime Cookbook on page 40!
Homemade Fruit Smoothies Recipe
2 cups milk or 1 cup milk and 1 cup yogurt
1 cup ice cubes
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. This recipe makes 2 smoothies.
You can make any combination of the following items for your homemade fruit smoothies. When you use juices, substitute juice in the recipe in place of milk.
- Top off any smoothie with ginger ale or sparkling water.
- strawberries, blueberries, peaches and a sprig of mint
- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- strawberries, raspberries and banana
- orange juice, pineapple juice, banana
- crushed pineapple, 1/4 tsp coconut flavoring
- apple juice, coconut and 1/4 tsp. grated ginger
- banana and 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- banana, strawberries, 2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- strawberries, banana, peaches and apple
- mixed berries and peaches or pears
- bananas and kiwi fruit
- peaches and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mint extract, 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 4 tsp. malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened grape juice
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup and 1/4 cup coffee (don’t use with fruit)
Here are some other tasty add-ins For Your Homemade Fruit Smoothies:
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 1/4 cup bran cereal
- flaxseed oil
- bee pollen
- breakfast powder
- protein powder
- powdered milk
- cocoa mix
- instant coffee
- instant pudding mix
- powdered soft drink mix
- 2 Tbsp. fruit juice concentrate
- any flavorings such as cherry, strawberry, peppermint etc.
- whipped cream
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!