Here are 2 easy chili recipes you’re sure to love! The first one is our regular easy chili recipe with all of the goodies! It’s delicious and easy to prepare. The second recipe is an easy 5 ingredient chili recipe that is less exciting for chili connoisseurs, but perfect for picky eaters. Both recipes are easy to make and perfect to serve for busy days!
This easy homemade chili recipe makes a quick and easy dinner that you can throw together before work or in the morning and let it simmer all day long. Throw together a batch of our Best Ever Cornbread and you’ll have a full meal the entire family will love!Print
Easy Homemade Chili Recipe
- Yield: 4 servings
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes (do not drain)
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1–3 Tbsp. chili powder (to taste)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans (drained) or 2 cups cooked kidney beans (optional)
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion and green pepper in a large 10-inch skillet until the beef is brown and the onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes (with liquid), salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- If using, add the beans to the chili and simmer 5 more minutes to warm the beans.
- You may add one can of tomato juice to make more chili.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
5 Ingredient Quick and Easy Chili Recipe
If you are a chili connoisseur this quick and easy chili recipe may not be for you but if you have picky eaters or children this chili recipe may be a life saver. You can adjust the amounts of the ingredients to the size of your family without doing much harm. This is also a perfect recipe to make the day before and just warm up when you need it.
3 small cans tomato soup*
3 soup cans of water
1/2 to 1 lb. cooked hamburger
Chili powder to taste
Garlic powder and onion powder to taste
Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put everything into a large pot.
- Simmer at least 2 hours. It’s better to let it simmer all day if possible.
- I usually use at least 2 teaspoons each of chili powder and garlic powder.
You can add almost anything you want to this basic recipe. Beans work well.
I like to crumble in some fried sausage for extra flavor.
You can also use onions.
I have also replaced the soup with a large can (32-36 oz.) of tomato juice and it is good, too!