Here’s an easy crockpot meal plan including a tasty crockpot beef stroganoff recipe and an easy coconut cake recipe! This meal is especially good for families with kids!
Crockpot Beef Burger Stroganoff – Easy Coconut Cake
- Use your restaurant leftovers the same way you use regular leftovers. For example:
- Boil the carcass of deli chicken for soup or noodles and dumplings.
- Use leftover rice from Chinese take out in casseroles, soups, rice pudding or if it is white rice, eat it for breakfast with cinnamon, sugar and milk.
- Cut up leftover French fries and fry in bacon grease like hash browns or cook with chopped meat and veggies for an easy homemade hash.
- Leftover salads or veggies can be liquified to make vegetable broth or veggies can be frozen and then added to soups and casseroles.
- Uneaten hamburgers or hot dogs can be cut into pieces, frozen and then added to chili, baked beans, spaghetti, soups etc.
- Sometimes I need a dollop of whipped cream and I don’t always have it thawed. Thaw your whipped topping and place dollops on a cookie sheet. Freeze them. Place in a plastic bag and keep it in the freezer. When you make cocoa for the grandkids or need a dollop of whipped topping to top an individual dish of pudding or dessert you can pull out just what you need.
- The next time you make stroganoff, try adding an envelope of ranch salad dressing to the sour cream for a little extra flavor. You can do this to homemade or store bought stroganoff.
Crockpot Beef Burger Stroganoff
Easy Coconut Cake
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff Recipe – Beef Burger Stroganoff
Here’s an easy crockpot beef stroganoff recipe you can make with 5 minutes preparation time and then toss in the crockpot. It’s a super easy stroganoff your family will love!
- Yield: 6-8 servings
1 lb ground beef, cooked
3 slices bacon, diced
1 small onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. flour
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg. egg noodles, cooked or 6 to 8 hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and bacon until the red color disappears. Drain.
- In a crockpot, mix together the drained beef, bacon, onion, flour, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Stir in undiluted soup.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spoon mixture over noodles or toasted buns.
This recipe is great with egg nooodles or served over rice. It is also delicious spread over toasted and buttered hamburger buns.
Easy Coconut Cake Recipe
This easy coconut cake recipe starts with a white cake mix and makes a super delicious coconut layer cake with a lot less work than making it completely from scratch!
1 (18.25 oz.) package white cake mix
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
2 cups flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Bake in two 9-inch round layers.
- When cool, split layers horizontally to make 4 layers.
- Blend together sugar, sour cream and coconut.
- Spread all but 1 cup of the coconut mixture between the layers.
- Blend the remaining cup of mixture with the whipped topping.
- Spread on the top and sides of the cake.
- Seal the cake in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!