Take Greek yogurt, which is full of protein and living cultures, and make it into a delicious dessert called Yogurt Whip. You still get all of the benefits of the yogurt, but with all the yum factor of a whipped yogurt dessert! This recipe is found in our Dining on a Dime Volume 2 cookbook.
If you want to know how to make whipped yogurt your whole family will love, keep reading! Plus you’ll find a printable version of the complete step-by-step recipe at the end of this article. This is one of the fastest desserts you’ve ever made and is one you might have the ingredients for when none of the traditional dessert ingredients are in your pantry.
Ingredients for Yogurt Whip
Plain Greek Yogurt. You could vary this recipe by using flavored greek yogurt, but using plain will give you a wonderful vanilla flavor. Generic greek yogurt often has added gum, gelatin, or pectin. This will not work well for the whipped yogurt dessert recipe.
Whipping cream. Use real heavy whipping cream for this recipe.
Sugar. Granulated sugar works best.
Vanilla. I always prefer real vanilla extract.
Berries. You can use your favorite berries for garnish if you like.
Mint Leaves. As an optional garnish.
How to Make Yogurt Whip
Making whipped yogurt is as easy as throwing all of these ingredients into a bowl and beating them really well, starting on low and building to high. As you go, scrape down the bowl to make sure everything is sweetened perfectly. Once it’s thoroughly mixed, divide it into small serving bowls, ramekins, glasses, or jars. Garnish with berries and mint if you like, and serve this delicious whipped yogurt dessert to your family and guests. This recipe makes enough for four people, so double or triple it as needed.
Tips and Tricks for This Recipe
- If you have a small amount of whipped topping leftover, place dollops of it on a piece of wax paper and freeze. Then place in an airtight container. When you need a quick topping for a dessert or something to go on a late-night cup of hot cocoa, you can just grab one of these out of the freezer.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl thoroughly because it is super easy to have pockets of unsweetened yogurt if you skip that step.
- This dessert can be served immediately, but it shines the most after it has been chilled. It will thicken slightly as it chills.
- Used Yogurt Whip as a substitute for whipped cream on pies, cakes, and other desserts.
- Make a whipped yogurt dessert in a baked pie crust covered in macerated fruit for a quick pie. You could even buy pre-made fruit pie filling and try that!
Toppings for Whipped Yogurt Dessert
- For a special touch, macerate fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries in sugar and use that as a topping or base for your whipped yogurt dessert.
- Crushed candied nuts would be really nice.
- Sweet granola would add crunch to your dessert.
- Crushed cookies could be sprinkled on top of your yogurt whip, or used as a base in the cup. Almost any hard cookie would work great! Shortbread cookies, sandwich cookies, and vanilla wafers come to mind immediately.
- A graham cracker crust, baked and crumbled on top would be delicious.
Similar Recipes to Enjoy
Pina Colada Yogurt Dip. A delicious creamy yogurt dip reminiscent of the famous drink and fabulous with fruit and graham crackers.
Two-Ingredient Pineapple Whip. A beautiful, dairy-free whipped dessert you may know as Dole Whip.
Easy Homemade Popsicles Recipe! Get those popsicle molds out because these will come in handy straight from your freezer all summer long!
Homemade Fruit Smoothies Recipe And Extras. Another delicious way to use fruit and yogurt and come out ahead with a tasty dessert.
Equipment for Making the Whipped Yogurt Recipe
- Hand Mixer. Tip: When one of my hand mixers breaks, I buy the same brand I’ve always used, and that way over time I’ve accumulated extra beaters.
- Mixing Bowls. A good set of mixing bowls will get near-daily use in a busy kitchen!
- Immersion Blender. This is an alternative to the mixer. You can use an immersion blender to blend the yogurt instead of beating it. A regular blender will not work. You’ll need a narrow, deep container to use the immersion blender properly. The immersion blender linked comes with a container that should work perfectly.
Options for Serving the Yogurt Dessert
Find this recipe for Yogurt Whip in our Dining On A Dime Cookbook, Volume 2!
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!
Yogurt Whip Recipe
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- berries for topping (optional)
- mint leaves for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl except mint.
- Beat the ingredients together, starting on low and increasing the speed to high.
- Beat for several minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the yogurt into 4 small bowls, glasses, or jars.
- Top each with berries and garnish with mint, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you have a small amount of whipped topping leftover, place dollops of it on a piece of wax paper and freeze. Then place in an airtight container. When you need a quick topping for a dessert or something to go on a late night cup of hot cocoa, you can just grab one of these out of the freezer.