Whipped Topping Tips
It’s almost summer and we are going to be thinking of light and easy desserts. One easy thing to use to dress up so many desserts is whipped topping. Here are some easy whipped topping tips to bring plain old whipped topping to a whole new level.
- I prefer the taste of the name brand whipped topping, but the name brand is often much more expensive. I have found that if I add a teaspoon of vanilla to a less expensive whipped topping, the vanilla gives it a richer and deeper flavor.
- Try adding a couple of tablespoons of Nestle Quick (chocolate or strawberry) to whipped topping. This extra touch with the whipped topping makes plain chocolate pie something special and gives regular strawberry shortcake a whole new twist.
- You can also try adding 2 tablespoons of flavored gelatin to get an almost endless choice of flavors. Blueberry, lemon, lime, orange, grape and cherry flavors are all great choices to spice up any variety of desserts.
- For any of these flavor enhancements, simply adjust the amount if you want a stronger or milder flavor.
- If you have a small amount of whipped topping left over, place dollops of it on a wax paper and freeze. Then place in an air tight container. When you need a quick topping for a dessert or some to go on a late night cup of hot cocoa you can just grab one out of the freezer.
photo by: basykes