Whipped Topping Tips
It’s almost summer and we are going to be thinking of light and easy desserts. One easy thing to use to dress up so many desserts is whipped topping. Here are some easy whipped topping tips to bring plain old whipped topping to a whole new level.
- I prefer the taste of the name brand whipped topping, but the name brand is often much more expensive. I have found that if I add a teaspoon of vanilla to a less expensive whipped topping, the vanilla gives it a richer and deeper flavor.
- Try adding a couple of tablespoons of Nestle Quick (chocolate or strawberry) to whipped topping. This extra touch with the whipped topping makes plain chocolate pie something special and gives regular strawberry shortcake a whole new twist.
- You can also try adding 2 tablespoons of flavored gelatin to get an almost endless choice of flavors. Blueberry, lemon, lime, orange, grape and cherry flavors are all great choices to spice up any variety of desserts.
- For any of these flavor enhancements, simply adjust the amount if you want a stronger or milder flavor.
- If you have a small amount of whipped topping left over, place dollops of it on a wax paper and freeze. Then place in an air tight container. When you need a quick topping for a dessert or some to go on a late night cup of hot cocoa you can just grab one out of the freezer.
photo by: basykes
Wow. Great ideas. Blueberry whipped topping and all the others, so clever.
i agree bea! :D … my son LOVES blueberry… this will make him smile for sure! :D…
and its funny bc we never had alot of blueberries in the house but i know where he got his fondness for blueberries… one time my mom was visiting (and he was little then) … and she bought some fresh blueberries and shared them with him and ever since that time, he couldnt get enuff of the blueberries… :D …
I was so intrigued by the thought of having blueberry whipped topping that I had to make it last night. In fact, I had a yellow cake mix and some frozen blueberries so what I did was make the cake and I added a cup of blueberries and baked it in a bundt pan. After it baked and cooled I had a slice with the blueberry whipped topping on top. It was fantastic. Thanks for the great ideas. I now can experiment with other flavors. A flavored whipped topping is light on a cake and great for the summer.
Rose, That’s so cute.
One of my favorite things to do with whipped topping: open a can of pumpkin, add a little cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, some brown sugar, mix well and chill. Some time later measure out desired amount, fold in some whipped topping to a consistency of mousse or to your liking. Mmmm good.
Great idea, Rachel. I love these newsletters. Such great ideas I’d have never thought of myself. Thanks Tawra and Jill for sending them out!