This easy Marshmallow Brownies Recipe is a super simple brownie recipe your family is sure to love! It makes deliciously decadent brownies packed with chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows and more! They’re perfect for get-togethers and potlucks!
These delicious Marshmallow Brownies are an all-time favorite with gooey, crunchy, chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallow goodness! Kids and adults alike love these delicious Brownie Marshmallow Bars.
Brownies are a great party snack and work really well for cookouts and social events of all kinds. Because they don’t require utensils, our brownie marshmallow bars are great to take along for camping trips and road trips.
This simple brownie recipe and many other fabulously easy desserts are found in our Dining on a Dime Volume 2 Cookbook.
How to Make Marshmallow Brownies
Our Marshmallow Brownies Recipe is as fast and easy as it is delicious. Start by making your brownie mix according to the package directions for fudgy brownies. Pull it out of the oven between 28 and 30 minutes and top with marshmallows, baking for three more minutes. Then, you’ll cook the peanut butter, chocolate, and butter mixture on the stovetop.
When it’s ready, remove it from the heat and add the crispy rice. This is spread over the marshmallow brownies as the third and final layer. The only caveat I will make to this recipe is this. You need to let it cool for one to two hours. This is hard! It’s a test of will. But, you will be glad you waited.
Ingredients for the Marshmallow Brownies Recipe
- Fudge Brownie Mix. Can be regular gluten-free.
- Mini Marshmallows. You’ll need a ten-ounce bag. When you purchase marshmallows check to make sure they are not stuck together or stale inside the bag. If the bag gets a tiny leak, the marshmallows can get stale before the expiration date.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. You can use milk chocolate if you really want to, but this recipe is very rich so we definitely recommend semi-sweet.
- Peanut Butter. Your favorite brand will work fine. Since you will be adding crispy rice cereal, I do not recommend crunchy peanut butter.
- Butter or Margarine. Dairy-Free is perfectly fine. Whatever you like.
- Crispy rice cereal. Any brand will work.
What to do with Leftover Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies
You can cover and keep leftover marshmallow brownies for up to five days in a covered container. A baking pan with a storage lid makes this super easy! If you would like to freeze brownies for later, I would cut them into individual portions and freeze them in plastic zipper bags made for the freezer. They will last even longer if you first wrap them in parchment paper. This is especially handy if you use gluten-free brownie mix for just one or two people in your family and want to save extra treats for them to have later!
Tips for the Best Brownies
- Don’t over-mix. Brownie batter should be mixed just until blended. It should be mixed by hand and not with a mixer.
- Avoid over-baking. Fudgy brownies will seem like they aren’t quite baked all the way when they are actually ready to come out of the oven. if you continue to bake them until your knife comes out dry, you will have dry, crunchy brownies and not chewy, fudge brownies.
- Use room temperature eggs. Cold eggs will change the texture and density of your brownie. Set them on the counter for an hour or so before baking for the best peanut butter marshmallow brownies. If you forget, you can put your eggs in a bowl of warm water for 10 or 15 minutes
- Know your oven. Use an oven-safe thermometer to test your oven for accurate temperature settings and even heat distribution. This will help you know whether to adjust recipes.
- Know your pan. Glass pans will take longer to bake brownies and will create crunchy edges. Dark non-stick pans will take longer as well. Shiny metal pans without the dark non-stick coating will cook more evenly and more quickly. If you are using a shiny metal pan, be sure to check your brownies a few minutes before the box says they will be ready.
Similar Simple Brownie Recipes
Easy 5 Ingredient Homemade Fudge Brownies Recipe
Easy Hershey’s Brownie Recipe! Super Simple Brownie Recipe!
Red Velvet Fluff Brownies Recipe
Simple Gluten Free Brownies Recipe – Easy Fudge Brownies That Taste Good!
Don’t forget to check out our Dining On A Dime Volume 2 Cookbook for more recipes like Brownie Marshmallow Bars.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
Marshmallow Brownies Recipe
Here’s a super simple brownie recipe your family is sure to love! This easy Marshmallow Brownies Recipe makes deliciously decadent brownies packed with chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows and more! Thy’re perfect for get-togethers and potlucks!
- 1 pkg. fudge brownie mix
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. mini marshmallows
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix brownies according to the package directions for fudge-like brownies and pour into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake 28-30 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows and bake 3 minutes more.
- The marshmallows will not be completely melted. Cool.
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter or margarine.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal.
- Spread on brownies.
- Chill 1-2 hours before cutting.
What is the best way to store quick grits?
How long do they last past the best buy date?
Thank you for answering my similar question on Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
Instant grits will last 2-5 yrs past best by date