This taco pie recipe is a quick and easy recipe you can make with canned crescent rolls for a Mexican themed meal everyone loves! It is a great way to use leftover taco meat! You’ll also find a tasty Sour Cream Lemon Pie for dessert!
- From Jennifer: When I have leftover Taco meat, I put it in a container in the freezer. Over about a months time, I will have accrued enough frozen Taco meat to make a big pot of 30 minute Chili….Yum!! My husband loves this chili and doesn’t even realize he is eating leftovers…
- From DD: I bought some Sloppy Joes (cans) on sale. No one in my family cares much for Sloppy Joes, so I added it to spaghetti sauce. Surprisingly, it was quite good and there were no complaints. :)
- Pour your leftover chili over a bar of softened cream cheese for a quick and easy dip. Serve with chips or crackers. Use this quick snack idea when you’re watching a game on TV or use it as an after school or evening snack.
Meal Plan For This Taco Pie Recipe:
Easy Taco Pie
Tortilla Chips or Corn Chips
Sour Cream Lemon Pie
This easy taco pie recipe can be even faster to make if you do a little prep work ahead of time. Keep leftover cooked ground meat in your freezer, so it’s handy when you need it.
The day before you plan to make this taco pie recipe or that morning, cut up your lettuce and tomatoes and grate your cheese (or even easier– buy grated cheese).
Then, when it is time for dinner, all you have to do it toss all of the ingredients into the pie pan. The baking time is so short that by the time you change your clothes, set the table and check the mail, it will be ready to eat.
Easy Taco Pie Recipe
1 can crescent rolls
1 1/2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
1 lb. ground beef, cooked with 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
3/4 cup salsa
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate crescent roll triangles.
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of corn chips, ground beef, salsa, sour cream and cheese.
- Top with the remaining corn chips.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados or olives.
Sour Cream Lemon Pie Recipe
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon rind, grated
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
1 baked 9 inch pie shell
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks and milk in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick.
- Stir in butter.
- Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Cover with whipped topping and garnish with a lemon twist. Store in the refrigerator.
For more easy dinner recipes, check out our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!