Using this easy homemade flour tortillas recipe from Volume 1 of our Dining On A Dime Cookbook, it’s simple to make yummy homemade tortillas at home using ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
The homemade flour tortillas are so fresh and delicious! We love tearing them into pieces and eating them with homemade salsa from the garden!Print
Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe
- Yield: 8 tortillas
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup warm water
- Blend all the ingredients except water until the mixture is the consistency of oatmeal.
- Add water and blend with fingers.
- Knead on a floured board 5 minutes.
- Cover and let rest 1/2 hour.
- Roll into 8 balls. Let rest 45 minutes.
- Flatten balls until very thin.
- Cook on a hot ungreased skillet until each side is slightly browned. Makes 8 tortillas.
This Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe is from Volume 1 of our cookbook:
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!