This easy homemade dinner rolls recipe makes light and delicious dinner rolls like grandma used to make that go well with virtually any meal!Print
Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe
This easy homemade dinner rolls recipe makes light and delicious dinner rolls like grandma used to make that go well with virtually any meal!
3 heaping Tbsp. shortening
1 Tbsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar, less 1 Tbsp.
1 cup hot water
6 cups flour
1 cup warm water (110° – 115°)
2 pkgs. or 2 Tbsp. yeast
- Combine shortening, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Pour hot water over the mixture and stir until the shortening melts.
- Add enough flour to make a paste.
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water.
- Add to bowl.
- Mix in the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Knead the dough well.
- Place in a bowl and cover with a damp towel; let rise.
- When doubled, punch dough down and roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a cookie cutter and place on greased pans about 1/2 inch apart.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 3 dozen.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!