This Green Chili Chicken Pasta Recipe is a delicious and easy Mexican-themed dish. It’s an easy casserole with a different twist from a typical pasta dish.
This mouthwatering green chili chicken pasta recipe is the ultimate Mexican-inspired dish that will leave your family begging for more. Combining the east and simplicity of a casserole with the vibrant flavors of Mexican cuisine, this dish takes traditional pasta to a whole new level.
With chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, Mexican seasonings and pasta, baked to perfection, it’s a quick and tasty chicken dinner recipe your family is sure to love.
Not only is this recipe incredibly flavorful, but it is also incredibly convenient, making it the ideal choice for busy weeknight dinners. It cleverly utilizes leftover chicken, transforming it into a sensational meal and the family won’t even realize that they are enjoying leftovers!
Whether you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine or simply looking to spice up your pasta routine, this green chili chicken pasta recipe is a guaranteed hit. It’s a quick and easy way to satisfy your family’s cravings while introducing them to new and exciting flavors. Prepare to be amazed as this dish becomes a beloved favorite in your household!
Green Chili Chicken Pasta Recipe
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz. diced green chilies
1 lb. pasta, cooked
2 cups chicken cooked, shredded or chopped and seasoned with cumin and onion
2 cups (16 oz.) Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour to make a roux and let it bubble for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth, stirring constantly. Allow it to bubble and thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and green chiles.
- In a greased 9×13 baking dish, layer pasta, chicken and cheese two times.
- Then pour the sauce over the top. Do not stir.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
- If you like, you can salt and pepper to taste or add any other seasonings you like.
- You might also add olives or garnish with tomatoes, parsley or cilantro.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!