This Green Chili Chicken Pasta Recipe is a delicious and easy Mexican-themed dish. It’s an easy casserole with a different twist from a typical pasta dish.
Green Chili Chicken Pasta Recipe
This green chili chicken pasta recipe is an easy Mexican themed dish your family will love. It’s an easy casserole with a more lively Mexican twist than you’ll find in a typical pasta dish.
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz. diced green chilies
1 lb. pasta, cooked
2 cups chicken cooked, shredded or chopped and seasoned with cumin and onion
2 cups (16 oz.) Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour to make a roux and let it bubble for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth, stirring constantly. Allow it to bubble and thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and green chiles.
- In a greased 9×13 baking dish, layer pasta, chicken and cheese two times.
- Then pour the sauce over the top. Do not stir.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
- If you like, you can salt and pepper to taste or add any other seasonings you like.
- You might also add olives or garnish with tomatoes, parsley or cilantro.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
Is this recipe in the dining on a dime cookbook regular edition? I don’t see it in the index but I could’ve just missed it. Thanks!
No it isn’t in the cookbook
This sounds like a winner and will get the ingredients this week!! Thank you!!
It is pretty yummy Claire : )
Could I substitute rice for the pasta?
I don’t know why you couldn’t Deb. In most casseroles like this you can easily substitute the “pasta” part for rice. It should taste really good.
Hi, first off thank you so much for creating this awesome faith-filled website with so many good recipes and budgeting ideas.
I am making this recipe but only had spaghetti so I decided to forgo the noodles and use corn tortillas instead. I also added cumin and a little oregano to spice things up.
This is a great recipe!
Thank you Maggie. Yes you can use tortillas in place of the noodles.