This Green Chili Chicken Pasta Recipe is a delicious and easy Mexican-themed dish. It’s an easy casserole with a different twist from a typical pasta dish.
Green Chili Chicken Pasta Recipe
This green chili chicken pasta recipe is an easy Mexican themed dish your family will love. It’s an easy casserole with a more lively Mexican twist than you’ll find in a typical pasta dish.
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz. diced green chilies
1 lb. pasta, cooked
2 cups chicken cooked, shredded or chopped and seasoned with cumin and onion
2 cups (16 oz.) Monterrey Jack Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in flour to make a roux and let it bubble for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth, stirring constantly. Allow it to bubble and thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and green chiles.
- In a greased 9×13 baking dish, layer pasta, chicken and cheese two times.
- Then pour the sauce over the top. Do not stir.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
- If you like, you can salt and pepper to taste or add any other seasonings you like.
- You might also add olives or garnish with tomatoes, parsley or cilantro.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!