This easy gluten free pound cake recipe makes a tasty dairy free gluten free pound cake with a taste and texture just as delicious as the original!
This gluten free pound cake recipe is a quick and easy way to make a classic pound cake that is gluten free and dairy free!
If you have had to go gluten free or dairy free and you miss your favorite baked goods, you will definitely want to try this recipe! It makes a tasty gluten free pound cake with a taste and texture just as delicious as the original!
Gluten Free Pound Cake Recipe!
This gluten free pound cake recipe is a variation of the classic pound cake recipe. This pound cake is so delicious and moist, with just a hint of vanilla. It is a perfect snack as-is or topped with strawberries, whipped cream or vanilla glaze!
This pound cake tastes even better when eaten the next day!
2 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups butter flavored shortening or dairy free butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (if not in flour)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup dairy free milk (rice or soy)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Beat on low until mixed, about 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, occasionally scraping the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix gluten free flour, xanthan gum (if using), baking powder and salt.
- Beat into egg mixture alternately with milk on low speed.
- Spread into a well-greased 10×4 inch tube pan.
- Bake 70 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes in the pan.
- Then remove onto a wire rack and cool completely. Serves 8-10.
- Heat dairy free butter in a saucepan until melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon water. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the frosting is smooth.
Glazes one bundt cake or one 10 inch angel food cake.
Gluten Free Pound Cake Tips
- You can serve this gluten free pound cake with your favorite berries (like strawberries, raspberries or blueberries) and whipped cream. Or if you prefer, you can make a vanilla glaze and drizzle it over the top!
- This dairy free gluten free pound cake makes a tasty and versatile snack! You can keep some sliced up as a quick grab and go snack or breakfast item. It also makes the perfect gluten free snack for kids after school.
- To keep gluten free pound cake moist, don’t over-bake it. Wrap it in plastic wrap or plastic to keep it from drying out.
If you also miss eating bread, you can find our tasty gluten free bread recipe here!
This dairy free gluten free pound cake recipe is from our gluten free cookbook:
Easy Gluten Free Recipes That Actually Taste Good!
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbook, Gluten Free Dairy Free edition 25% Off NOW, with tasty GFDF recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!
I’m only gluten free. Can I use the usual dairy items in place of the dairy free options?
Yes Chris you can
I ordered the GF/DF cookbook. Love it!
Oh thank you Chris for letting us know. I am so glad you are enjoying them
I have never heard of gluten free flour. Can you buy it at a regular grocery store?
Yes you can Linda but it is very expensive
I am wondering if I can bake this in a different kind of pan. I don’t have a Bundt pan or a tube pan but would like to try this. I have been loving all of your recipes and tips. Thank you so much!
Yes you can Marjorie. I don’t have any of those pans either so I put mine in a loaf pan.