Here are some cute and fun Halloween treats and other cheap party food tips to make your Halloween get together fun without spending too much!
Fun Halloween Treats and Other Food Tips
Halloween is going to be here before you know it! Here are some yummy Halloween recipes and tips to use for your Halloween party or on Halloween night.
- For some cute and tasty ghosts, dip Nutter Butter cookies in melted white chocolate. Use mini chocolate chips or M&M’s for eyes. Use a toothpick to touch up the area where you held it while dipping.
- Mix up your favorite Chex Mix recipe and when you are done baking it, add some candy corn to it.
- Mix equal parts of peanuts and candy corn for a different snack.
The Chex Mix and the peanuts in these tips helps with the overload of sweets that will inevitably happen.
- Use leftover Halloween candy in Christmas baking and for making gingerbread houses.
- Place a plastic spider or a pair of plastic teeth at the bottom of everyone’s punch cup for an unexpected surprise.
- Serve your punch in a large plastic pumpkin instead of the usual punch bowl.
Halloween Orange Punch Recipe
1 can (46 oz.) pineapple juice
3 cups lemon – lime soda
3 cups orange drink
2 liters ginger ale
1/2 pkg. (half gallon) orange sherbet
Mix first three ingredients and chill. When ready to serve, pour in ginger ale and drop-in scoops of sherbet.
Jack O Lantern Juice
(This is a similar to an Orange Julius.)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 (46 oz.) can pineapple juice, chilled
1 (2 liter) bottle orange soda, chilled
Orange sherbet, optional
Mix all together in a large punch bowl. Top with a scoop of sherbet. Refrigerate leftovers.
For a fast dessert or for those school treats your kids forgot to tell you about until the night before, grab your favorite brownie mix and bake it.
Jack O Lantern Brownies
When brownies are cooled, cut with a large pumpkin cookie cutter. Then frost with orange butter cream frosting. If using canned frosting just add a little orange food coloring to vanilla. Decorate as much or as little as you like.[adsense3]
Jack O Lantern Eggs
Hard boil eggs. Dye with orange food coloring:
- Put a couple of teaspoons of vinegar in a mug and several drops of food coloring. Remember if you don’t have orange food coloring, red and yellow mixed make orange.
- Fill mug with boiling water and place egg in mug. You can let the water cool slightly before putting the eggs in if kids are doing this.
- Use black markers to decorate with faces and other fun designs!
Jack O Lantern Pizza Recipe
Cheddar cheese, grated
Spread muffins with sauce and then cheese. Slice olives in different shapes to make eyes, nose and mouth. Broil or bake long enough to melt cheese.
Click here to get the Dining On A Dime Cookbook, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!