Here’s an easy s’mores recipe you’re sure to love! S’mores are a favorite summertime snack, perfect for sharing around a campfire or backyard fire pit! You’ll also find easy ways to make s’mores along with some tasty variations, including a delicious Ice Cream S’mores Recipe.
Easy S’mores Recipes, Ideas and Tips
S’mores are amazing things. S’mores can be eaten all year round as snacks or desserts and lots of people, young and old alike, love them. These tips are especially good to keep on hand when the kids want some s’mores and you don’t have a piece of chocolate in the house.
For a classic s’mores recipe, you start with 2 graham crackers. Then you roast a marshmallow, usually over a campfire. When the marshmallow is golden brown, or cooked to your liking, carefully remove it from the roaster so you don’t burn yourself and place with chocolate between the graham crackers.
If you like formal recipes, here’s an easy s’mores recipe for you!
Easy S’Mores Recipe
Chocolate candy, broken into 1-2 inch pieces
- For each s’more, start with 2 graham crackers.
- Place one piece of chocolate on one fo the graham crackers. If you would like your s’mores extra chocolatey, you can place a piece of chocolate on each graham cracker.
- Roast a marshmallow over a fire with a roasting stick or campfire roasting fork until golden brown, or to your desired doneness.
- Carefully remove the marshmallow from the roaster, being very careful not to burn yourself. (The roaster will be very hot.)
- Place the roasted marshmallow on top of the chocolate on one of the graham cracker pieces.
- Place the other graham cracker (and chocolate, if desired) on top of the marshmallow to make a sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are some modern day ways to make s’mores, an old time favorite snack!
- Use chocolate chips or leftover Easter bunnies in place of the candy bar.
- Instead of chocolate candy, use a can of chocolate frosting to make it easier to make s’mores.
- Forget the chocolate altogether. Spread a graham cracker with strawberry or raspberry jam, add a roasted marshmallow and a slice or two of strawberry (or even a slice of banana).
- Spread cinnamon graham crackers with softened cream cheese and fruit.
- This isn’t a s’more idea but I love to spread butter on a cinnamon graham cracker, top it with a second one and dunk it in my coffee for breakfast.
- Chocolate graham crackers are also great spread with peanut butter and slices of banana.
- Cook the marshmallow over the stove. I just put knife in the middle of the marshmallow and then toast it over my electric stovetop.
Here is a good summer S’mores dessert you can make and keep handy in the freezer:Print
Easy Ice Cream S’mores Recipe
9 graham crackers, broken crosswise in half to make 18 squares
1 cup hot fudge sauce
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 pint (2 cups) chocolate ice cream, softened
- Place 9 graham crackers in a foil lined 9 inch square pan.
- Spread with half the fudge sauce.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Spread with ice cream and the rest of fudge sauce.
- Then cover with the rest of the graham crackers.
- Freeze overnight or for several hours.
- Take out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Then cut into squares.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
We have many s’mores recipes but I like this one the best because they can be made ahead of time, wrapped, stored and ready to grab and take with you. This s’mores recipe is great for an after school snack, hay rack ride, football game, tailgating, fall picnic or to munch on while you’re sitting in front of the fire on a cold winter’s day!
It’s a great snack for the kids for all kinds of occasions! (and maybe mom and dad can have a few, too! ;-)Print
Grab and Go S’Mores Recipe
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (16 oz.) box graham crackers
2 cups mini marshmallows
- Melt the chocolate chips and milk together over low heat on a stove or in the microwave.
- Add vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Spread one half of a graham cracker with the chocolate mix.
- Top with 5-6 marshmallows.
- Spread another graham cracker with chocolate mix.
- Place the graham cracker spread with the chocolate mix on top of the marshmallows.
- Repeat to make all of the s’mores.
- Wrap each s’more in plastic wrap and store at room temperature until ready to use.