Try this quick and easy potato pancake recipe. It’s a delicious way to use all those leftover potatoes! Our kids love them and the older ones often make this recipe themselves for a quick snack!
This easy potato pancake recipe makes a tasty side dish that works well in place of potatoes, rice or bread with chicken, beef or pork. This recipe is an easy option to use any leftover mashed potatoes you had from an earlier meal or a holiday buffet. We often make these potato pancakes with our leftover mashed potatoes after Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Potato pancakes are a great side dish, but you can also serve them for breakfast or as a tasty snack. Serve them with an egg and a side of bacon or sausage for an easy breakfast that’s fancier than cereal! They are so easy to make, our older kids make the potato pancakes for themselves.
These potato pancakes are delicious served with just salt, but you can also serve them with butter, sour cream, cheese green onions and more. You can also cook a little cheese or onion flecks into the potato pancakes if you like. If you’d like to make them look fancier, you can top with more cheese or sour cream and your choice of green onions, parsley or cilantro.
If you like you can top these potato pancake with mayonnaise or dip them in ketchup, ranch dressing, honey mustard dressing, fry sauce or anything else you might eat with French fries, hash browns or other potatoes. Arby’s Horsey sauce would also go well with them!Print
Easy Potato Pancake Recipe
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 Tbsp. flour
butter or margarine
- Mix the first 3 ingredients.
- Make into patties.
- Fry in butter until golden brown on each side.
- Serve warm with butter or margarine.
- You don’t have to use the egg the make this easy potato pancake recipe if you prefer not to. The egg helps the potato pancakes to hold together better, but the recipe will also work if you add flour to the mashed potatoes and fry them.
- For a richer flavor, you can use bacon grease instead of butter.
- These potato pancakes are delicious served with applesauce.
This easy potato pancake recipe is from Volume 1 of our cookbook:
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!