You can make this easy homemade brown gravy recipe in just minutes from the drippings of roast, lamb or any slow cooked red meat. It’s super simple and everyone will rave that this is the BEST gravy they’ve ever had! It tastes just like Grandma’s but you can make it at home, without a “packet”, and the entire family will love it!
Easy Homemade Brown Gravy Recipe
Homemade brown gravy is a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used to enhance the flavor of a variety of dishes. Made with a few simple ingredients you already have at home, this classic gravy is easy to prepare and perfect for everything from mashed potatoes to roasted meats. With its rich, savory flavor and smooth texture, homemade brown gravy is a must-have in any home cook’s recipe collection.
- Yield: 4 servings
1 cup cold water
2 Tbsp. all purpose flour or 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
salt and pepper
- Add at least one cup of water to the roasting pan of your roast while the meat is cooking.
- Remove the meat when done and skim off the fat.
- Put the pan on a stove top burner on medium heat.
- Put flour or cornstarch in a jar.
- Add cold water (You could also add 1/4 cup dry milk.)
- Cap the jar and shake until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour the flour mixture slowly into the simmering broth and stir constantly until thickened. If there is a lot of liquid you may need to use more flour.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is from our Dining On A Dime Cookbook, Volume 1. For more quick and easy recipes, check it out here!
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!