This easy coffee cake recipe is extra delicious because of its yummy fruit jam filling! Mom calls it a Butterfly Ring and she fills it with a cherry jam filling, but it’s easy to make as a strawberry, raspberry or blueberry coffee cake by just using different fruit filling! This tasty coffee cake is great for breakfast, special occasions or get togethers with family and friends!
Easy Coffee Cake Recipe – Jam Filled Butterfly Ring
This easy coffee cake recipe is extra delicious because of its yummy fruit jam filling! It’s easy to make as a cherry, strawberry, raspberry or blueberry coffee cake by just using different fruit filling!
- Yield: 12 servings
2 1/2 cups baking mix
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk
- Grease a jellyroll sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the first four ingredients until well blended. The dough will be sticky.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface 18 times.
- Roll out into an 11×14 inch rectangle.
- For the filling, add the filling ingredients to the melted butter.
- Blend until smooth. If necessary, heat the jam 30 seconds in the microwave to make it smooth.
- Spread the filling onto the dough.
- Roll the dough lengthwise, like a jelly roll, and seal the edges by pinching them together.
- Form into a circle on the jellyroll pan.
- Cut 4 to 5 slits in the top to release steam.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and frost with buttercream frosting.
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
This easy buttercream frosting recipe is perfect for frosting cakes, cupcakes, coffee cakes and more! With just 4 ingredients, it’s easy to make in 5 minutes!
3 cups powdered sugar (If the sugar is lumpy, you may want to sift it.)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1–2 Tbsp. milk
- Mix sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add milk, beating until smooth. If it is too stiff, add a little more milk to get the right consistency.
This buttercream frosting recipe frosts about one 9×13 cake, two 8 inch cakes or 1 dozen cupcakes. Can store this in the fridge for several weeks.
This easy coffee cake recipe is called a Butterfly Ring in Volume 1 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
My kids and I just made this recipe while watching you make it on you tube. What a fun video!! Ours turned out exactly like yours lol. It was delicious!