This chicken and dumplings recipe is an easy way to make chicken and dumplings like mom and grandma used to make! It’s a warm and savory comfort food, and a perfect meal for winter! This recipe is in volume 1 of our Dining On A Dime Cookbook!
Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
This easy chicken and dumplings recipe is an easy way to make chicken and dumplings like mom and grandma used to make! It’s a perfect comfort food!
- Yield: 4 servings
4 cups chicken broth
1/2–1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey, cooked
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup carrots, sliced
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. parsley flakes
- In a Dutch oven, combine broth, chicken, celery, carrots, bay leaf and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine baking mix, thyme, and parsley.
- Stir in milk, just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into the boiling broth.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Then cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. DO NOT PEEK or your dumplings will be soggy.
- Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon and serve in bowls.
- Remove bay leaf and spoon broth over the top of the dumplings.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!