Here is an easy banana bread recipe that has been in our family for generations! This is the BEST banana bread recipe!! It is super quick and easy to make and makes delicious and moist banana bread. It’s great in lunches and makes a great snack for when the kids get home from school!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
This easy banana bread recipe makes the BEST banana bread recipe!! This recipe is super quick and easy! It makes delicious and moist banana bread perfect for lunches, snacks, potlucks and get-togethers!
- Yield: 1 loaf
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup sour milk
2 cups flour
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup bananas, (2 medium) mashed
1/2–1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Banana Bread Variations
For these variations to the banana bread recipe, add the following to the batter before pouring into the loaf pan and mix.
- For banana nut bread, add 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans.
- To make chocolate chip banana bread, add 1 cup chocolate chips.
- To make blueberry banana bread, add 1 cup blueberries to the batter.
- For banana bread muffins, pour into muffins cups and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You might also check out our banana bread cupcakes recipe here.
- Gluten free banana bread: Use your favorite gluten free flour. I usually use Pamela’s gluten free flour.
This easy banana bread recipe is from our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking one of these links, we may receive a small share of the sale at no cost to you.