This easy baked apples recipe makes a yummy and healthy dessert that the whole family will love! You’ll also find a delicious apple dumpling recipe!
When making baked apples, you can put all kinds of things in the center, including candied pineapple, orange peel, ginger, peaches, berries, raisins, honey, corn syrup, caramels and even marshmallows. Below is a basic baked apple recipe to get you started.Print
Easy Baked Apples Recipe
This easy baked apples recipe is a sweet and delicious way to serve apples! Start with a cored apple and fill with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and your favorite fillings to make a dessert that is delicious and memorable! Perfect as a dessert, especially for special dinners when company is over!
Brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. per apple
Butter or margarine, 1 tsp. per apple
Cinnamon, 1/4 -1/2 tsp. per apple
Nuts, 1 Tbsp. per apple
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place apples in a baking dish.
- Fill the center of each apple with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nuts.
- You can also add a small amount of water or apple cider to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until apples are tender.
Apple Dumpling Recipe
This easy apple dumpling recipe is a tasty way to serve apples, starting with cored apples, adding butter, sugar, cinnamon and nuts and baking inside a tasty pie crust to make a delicious apple dessert perfect for holidays and get-togethers!
Pastry dough (pie crust), divided and rolled into 5 circles
egg whites or milk
Sauce Ingredients (for 5 apples)
1 cup water
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. of cornstarch
2 tsp. of water
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Set each apple in the center of a circle of pastry dough.
- Fill with sugar, butter, cinnamon and nuts.
- Pull the dough up and around the apple. Seal well.
- Brush with egg white or milk.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Then turn the oven down to 375° and bake for 20 more minutes.
- While apples are baking, mix 1 cup water, 2 Tbsp. butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Dissolve the cornstarch into the water.
- Whisk into the hot sauce.
- Cover and keep warm.
- When the apples are done, pour some sauce on a plate and set an apple on top.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!