If you’re tired of marinara sauce, this easy chicken spinach pasta recipe makes a delicious meal, with chicken, pasta, spinach and garlic! It’s a great way to use leftover grilled chicken.
This chicken and pasta recipe makes a tasty meal, with chicken, pasta and spinach as the main ingredients. You can use fresh garlic or garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic on hand.
If you don’t have fresh spinach, you can use frozen spinach. Just be sure to thaw and drain it well. You can use gluten free pasta as well for an easy gluten free main dish!
You can find this recipe in volume 1 of our Dining On A Dime Cookbook.
Easy Chicken Spinach Pasta Recipe
If you’re tired of marinara sauce, this easy chicken and pasta recipe makes a delicious meal, with chicken, pasta, spinach and garlic! It’s a great way to use leftover grilled chicken.
1 lb. fresh spinach, rinsed well
1 cup chicken broth
1 (16 oz.) pkg. pasta shells
1 tsp. olive oil or vegetable spray
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. nutmeg or mace
salt and pepper
1/2 lb. chicken breast, boned, skinned, grilled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the spinach in the broth until tender.
- Drain and reserve broth. Remove excess liquid by mashing.
- Cook pasta.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, add the oil or vegetable spray.
- Sauté the garlic, stirring constantly, until it is white (about 1 minute). Don’t allow it to brown.
- Add the spinach, nutmeg or mace and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces to the spinach and stir.
- Add a small amount of the reserved cooking broth.
- Stir the spinach until it is hot. If the spinach starts to get dry, add broth as necessary.
- Add the cooked pasta to the spinach mixture and blend well.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Serves 4.
This easy chicken spinach pasta recipe is from volume 1 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
I love the addition of nutmeg in this recipe! Makes it even more delicious!
Yummy I will try this! It is Hot in the South, so you can do this in your air fryer or top of the stove. Love it. And you have a great weekend too!
Hi could you explain the scaling of the recipe as they all say serves 4. Thank you
Not sure about your question Susi. It just means that this amount will easily serve 4 people.
I see what you mean Susie, when you click scale 2x the spinach and pasta are doubled, but not the other ingredients. I think it might just be a mistake in the system.
1 recipe will typically serve 4 people, so 2x should double everything and then serve 8.