Try this easy meal including a Baked Apple Pork Chops Recipe and a tasty Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding, which is a great recipe for holidays or family brunch!
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Recipes, like the one below don’t always need to be used just for desserts or brunches. Instead of cookies, have a pan of this baking for the kids when they get home from school. It will smell so delicious when they walk in the door!
- Our grandmothers did not waste anything. Food was not as plentiful as it is now, nor was it as cheap so they used everything. Bread pudding is a great way to use stale, dry bread, doughnuts or rolls of any kind. Keep a container in the freezer to store those 1-2 leftover rolls or pieces of bread and, when you have enough, make up a pan of bread pudding.
- Sometimes I would have 15 minutes or less to fix dinner so I would have to adapt recipes all of the time. The pork chop recipe below is one you can easily adapt if you are in a hurry.
- Pan fry your pork chops.
- Open a can of applesauce, add cinnamon, dash of nutmeg, brown sugar. Warm in the microwave and serve on top of chops. This is great with ham too.
Baked Apple Pork Chops
Old Fashioned Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
Baked Apple Pork Chops Recipe
This easy baked apple pork chops recipe makes a super delicious main dish! Covered with fresh apples and perfectly seasoned with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, it’s a wonderful start to a tasty meal!
4–5 pork chops
4-5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (If you like the peels you don’t have to peel them.)
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Salt and pepper
2-3 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease a casserole dish or pan. I like to use bacon grease for this because it adds a nice flavor.
- Place pork chops on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle small chunks of butter over the top of everything.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-60 minutes, until pork chops are fully cooked.
Easy Apple Pork Chops Recipe – Just 5 Ingredients!
This easy apple pork chops recipe is another variation on apple pork chops with just 5 ingredients! It’s a quick and easy recipe to make, perfect for using apples, including those that are about to go bad in the fridge.
8 pork chops
salt and pepper
3 apples, sliced (if you like firmer apples use baking apples like Granny Smith. I use whatever apples I have on hand. This is a good way to use what is dying in the fridge.)
1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
6 oz. apple juice (concentrated, undiluted)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown the pork chops in a skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Arrange the apple slices on top.
- Combine Heinz 57 sauce and apple juice.
- Pour over everything.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally.
This cinnamon roll bread pudding recipe would be a great recipe for Christmas, New Years’ morning or company brunch.
If you like, you can prepare most of this dish ahead of time to make it easier! Dry the cinnamon rolls out a couple of days ahead of time and place them, ready to go, in a baking dish. Then, the night before you plan to prepare it, mix up the rest of the ingredients. In the morning, just pour the liquid sauce mixture over the rolls and pop them in the oven.
Your family and guests will love waking up to the smell of this fresh cinnamon roll bread pudding! For Christmas, serving it with a sprinkling of cherries would give it such a nice festive look.Print
Old Fashioned Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding Recipe
1 pkg. cinnamon rolls (6 medium rolls)
2 cups milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
Optional items (use as many as you like):
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup nuts
- 1/8 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Break cinnamon rolls into chunks and place into a baking dish.
- Let dry at least 8 hours (or overnight).
- Mix together milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, egg and optional items of your choice.
- Pour over dry cinnamon rolls.
- Do not stir but gently press rolls down into the milk mix.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, push rolls down into the milk mix again and return to the oven for the remaining 10 minutes. Don’t stir. Cool.
Serve with whipped topping and additional toppings like chocolate, strawberries or cherries.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!