Try these easy ways to bake potatoes in an oven or crockpot, along with simple recipes for tasty variations. With a wide variety of possible toppings, baked potatoes can make an easy and delicious meal! Prepare your baked potatoes the night before, toss them in the crockpot and you’ll have an easy meal when you get home from work without heating up the house!
Easy Baked Potatoes
Virtually everyone loves baked potatoes, and they’re so easy to make! With a wide variety of possible toppings, baked potatoes can be a meal all by themselves. Prepare your toppings the night or morning before and you can have a quick and easy dinner.
Have you ever wondered how to bake potatoes? Check out these easy ways to bake potatoes:
- When slowly cooked, baked potatoes have a much better flavor than when cooked quickly in the microwave.
- Here’s a tip from one of our readers on perfect baked potatoes: Bake your potatoes in a crockpot. Scrub, pierce with a fork, rub some butter on the potatoes and cook on low all day. You will have perfectly baked potatoes when it’s time for dinner.
- If you like the taste of oven baked potatoes but forgot to put them in the oven in time, nuke them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Then finish them in the oven. The centers will be cooked and they won’t take nearly as long to bake in the oven.
- To prevent a dry hard skin, rub your potato in butter or margarine, sprinkle with salt and wrap in foil.
- It is usually best to prick a potato with a fork when cooking it in the microwave because at times potatoes have been known to explode. Big Mess. :)
This easy baked potato recipe is from Volume 1 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!
Easy Baked Potato Recipe
Oil, butter, or margarine
To bake potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Clean the potatoes.
- Rub the skin of each potato with the oil and a little salt.
- Pierce the skins in three or four places with a fork.
- Wrap in foil.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the potatoes. They are done when they offer no resistance when a fork is inserted in the centers.
- Serve with butter and/or sour cream.
Ways To Serve Baked Potatoes:
- basic cheese sauce
- chili with Cheddar cheese
- sour cream and chives
- onion, bacon, sour cream, and chives
- broccoli and cheese (Melt the cheese on top in the oven.)
- pizza (pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sausage, olives, mushrooms)
- taco salad (ground beef with taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, grated cheese, sour cream, salsa, canned peppers)
- chicken Parmesan (butter or margarine, chicken, Parmesan, vegetables)
- peppers, onions
- bacon bits
- ranch dressing
More Baked Potato Toppings:
Taco themed baked potato: everything you would put on a taco including hamburger with taco seasoning
Pizza themed baked potato: pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage