This Italian cream cake recipe makes a super tasty and decadent cake that’s sure to please! This classic Southern recipe is rich and creamy, just like Grandma used to make! This comfort food dessert is especially great for holidays, parties and family get togethers!
I just LOVE this Italian cream cake recipe because it is rich and delicious! Frost with the Italian cream cake frosting recipe, also included in this post!Print
Italian Cream Cake Recipe
I just LOVE this Italian cream cake recipe because it is rich and delicious! Frost with the Italian cream cake frosting recipe, also included in this post!
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup shortening
5 eggs, separated
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup coconut, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine baking soda and buttermilk. Let stand a few minutes.
- Cream sugar, butter and shortening.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add buttermilk mixture alternately with flour to the creamed sugar mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into batter.
- Gently stir in pecans and coconut.
- Bake 25 minutes in 3 greased and floured 9-inch pans.
- Frost with our Italian cream cake frosting.
Italian Cream Cake Frosting Recipe
- Beat frosting ingredients together.
- Frost cake.
- Sprinkle a few pecans and some coconut on top.
This Italian cream cake recipe is from our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!