This homemade lotion bars recipe is one of our new FAVORITE recipes! We just love using these lotion bars for everything! The best part is that the recipe takes just a few minutes to make and you can easily make several bars at once.
Homemade Lotion Bars Recipe
Melt all of the ingredients together and stir until beeswax is melted. Then pour into molds. These silicone molds work great. Let set until completely firm and pop out of molds.
These lotion bars are an easy way to treat or prevent dry skin, especially in the winter when skin on your hands tends to dry and crack. I keep these all around the house and even prepare them for the kids so they have an easy way to sooth dry skin, even when at school.
Ways to use these homemade lotion bars:
- Keep a lotion bar in a soap dish by the sink in the kitchen and rub on before doing the dishes so your hands don’t get chapped.
- Keep a lotion bar in a soap dish next to the bathroom sink and rub on after washing your hands.
- Put a lotion bar on your dogs paws to keep them from getting chapped in the winter.
- Put a lotion bar on before a walk to protect your dogs paws from snow and ice.
- Pour the lotion mixture into small molds (about 1-2 inches) and then put in a mint tin for mini lotion bars.
- Pour the lotion bar liquid into empty chapstick containers for homemade lip balm.
- Pour the lotion bar mixture into an empty chapstick container for the kids to carry in their coat pockets or backpacks to rub on their dry hands at school.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase this product we will get a small commission to help us bring more free and recipes and tips to you!