This easy snickerdoodles recipe is a tasty treat that everyone loves! You’ll also find instructions to make a jar mix that’s perfect for gift giving!
Snickerdoodle cookies are a classic sugar cookie style cookie that everyone loves! They are not as sweet as sugar cookies but have a nice buttery cinnamon flavor. Snickerdoodle cookies can range from crispy to soft. Our easy snickerdoodles recipe is on the softer side, with just a slight delicate crunch to make them perfect!
I don’t know many people who don’t just love snickerdoodles! My kids can eat an entire batch in one sitting… If there are any left by the time they get home from school!
If you want, you can make several batches of snickerdoodle cookies and keep them in the cupboard in a cookie jar so you can have fresh snickerdoodles any time! This easy snickerdoodles recipe makes a snack that’s great for keeping on hand for after school snacks. Keep some on hand and you won’t always have to come up with something new for the kids before they go out to play.
Snickerdoodles as a Jar Mix Gift
This easy snickerdoodles recipe is designed as a jar mix perfect for gift giving. Our recipe below includes instructions for making the cookies right away and also instructions for making the jar mix to give as a gift.
If you are gift-giving, save pretty jars or mason jars to put the mix in. Put a pretty ribbon around the top and you have a quick and easy gift! These jar mixes are also perfect when included in homemade gift baskets!
Easy Homemade Snickerdoodles Recipe And Jar Mix
This easy snickerdoodles recipe makes delicious buttery snickerdoodle cookies! With the texture of sugar cookies and a slight cinnamon flavor, these cookies are a tasty treat that everyone loves! You’ll also find instructions to make a jar mix that’s perfect for gift giving!
- Yield: 5 dozen small cookies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups sugar
Ingredients To Prepare The Mix
1 cup shortening or butter
1 jar Snickerdoodle Jar Mix
- In a large bowl, combine the snickerdoodle dry mix ingredients.
- Mix well.
- If you are making the recipe as a jar mix, store the mix in an airtight container and attach the preparation instructions below.
- If you want to make the cookies now, preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with a mixer until light.
- Add the eggs and beat on low speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the Snickerdoodle Mix.
- Continue to beat on low speed until the dough begins to form.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough into quarter sized balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon and sugar blend.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
To Make The Snickerdoodle Cookies:
- When you make this easy snickerdoodle cookies recipe as a jar mix, you can decorate the jar with pretty ribbons, stickers or anything you like to make it a special gift for the recipient.
- This Snickerdoodles recipe jar mix is a wonderful addition to a homemade gift basket for any occasion, but especially for holidays and birthdays!
This easy snickerdoodles recipe is from Volume 1 of our cookbook:
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!