This easy homemade pancakes recipe takes about 15 minutes to make and everyone loves them! These pancakes are a staple at our house and your family will love them too!
Easy Homemade Pancakes Recipe
- Yield: 15-18 medium pancakes
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups flour, all-purpose or wheat
5 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups milk
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. The mixture will be thick and lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease.
- Pour or spoon the batter onto the griddle to form pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes on a hot greased griddle.
- Flip when bubbles break on the surface and the edges begin to dry.
If you like, you can add chocolate chips or candies to the batter for a special treat.
If you would like to make special patterns for the kids, you can add chocolate chips or candy while the pancakes are cooking. I like to make smiley faces and other patterns in the pancakes for special occasions. For Valentine’s day, I have made heart shapes in pink sprinkles, for Christmas, I have made Christmas designs, etc.
This easy homemade pancakes recipe is in Volume 1 of our cookbook!
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!