This easy enchilada casserole recipe makes a quick and easy meal with a Tex-Mex feel! This recipe is easy to adapt to your taste and your family’s taste. You can eliminate the beef and use all beans, add more beef or cheese, add black olives or top with sour cream.
You can have chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, extra sour cream, cheese or salsa at the table for people to sprinkle on top. And you can easily serve with a tossed salad on the side.
Easy Enchilada Casserole Recipe
This easy enchilada casserole recipe makes a quick and easy meal with a Tex-Mex feel! This recipe is easy to adapt to your taste and your family’s taste and it’s a great way to use leftover taco ingredients.
10 corn tortillas, cut in half
1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 cups red enchilada sauce
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1–2 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
1/4 cup green onions, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown the ground beef, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning and beans.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix the ingredients.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer one-third of the tortillas over the sauce.
- Add half of the meat mixture, then add 3/4 cup of cheese on top of the meat.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat the process with 1/3 of the tortillas, the rest of the meat mixture, 3/4 cup of cheese, and 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Add the final 1/3 of the tortillas on top of the casserole.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the tortillas and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
If desired, you can garnish with tomatoes and green onions over the top.
You can find a different recipe for a Mexican Hamburger Casserole that includes pasta in volume 1 of our cookbook.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!