Cheerio Marshmallow Treats Recipe
This easy Cheerio marshmallow treats recipe makes a tasty cereal bar similar to Rice Krispies treats, but with Cheerios and peanut butter! It’s a perfect treat for kids’ lunches and after school snacks!
- Yield: about 24 servings
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 pkg. mini marshmallows (6 cups)
1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
5 cups Cheerios cereal
- Grease a 9×13 pan well.
- Microwave the butter in a large bowl on high for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in marshmallows, coating with the butter.
- Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring after 45 seconds. Watch carefully in case you need to stir more frequently.
- Mix in peanut butter and immediately add cereal.
- Lightly mix to coat well with the peanut butter.
- With a greased spatula or wax paper, press the mixture into the baking pan.
- Mix 1 cup of M & M’s or raisins and 1/2 cup of peanuts. Add to the mixture at the same time you add the cereal.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!