This BLT Pasta Salad recipe is easy and delicious! You’ll also find a cool and delicious summer menu including a yummy Bing Cherry Dessert!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe With Bing Cherry Dessert
In this post, I’m sharing and easy meal plan with a tasty BLT Pasta salad recipe and a cool and delicious Bing Cherry dessert recipe! These are super easy recipes that will please your family! You’ll also find some useful tips to help you use leftovers and stretch foods, which is especially helpful with inflation and rising prices!
- Creamy mac and cheese. The next time you make macaroni and cheese, use sour cream instead of milk. It makes the macaroni and cheese so much creamier. This works great for other things, too. I often use sour cream in recipes when I find I am out of milk.
- Leftover rice. If you have leftover rice, use it to make pancakes. Mix with 1-2 beaten eggs then drop by spoonfuls on a greased skillet. Cook both sides until lightly brown and serve with maple syrup.
- Bacon is getting expensive but we do so love it. Today’s recipe gives you one good way to stretch your bacon. You can use less bacon by crumbling it in this salad than if you were making real bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches.
- Here is another example of how to stretch your bacon: This recipe is great for after school snacks, to include with soups, stews, chili or salads or to round off any meal.
Bacon/Cheese Toast Recipe
bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix some grated cheese with mayonnaise and a little crumbled bacon.
- Spread onto a slice of French bread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
BLT Pasta Salad Meal Plan:
BLT Pasta Salad(*recipe below)
Herbed French Bread*
Bing Cherry Dessert*
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
This BLT pasta salad recipe is a quick, easy and delicious pasta salad dish with the taste of a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. It is especially refreshing on warm days, but great for any day you feel like an easy cool and delicious meal. The recipe has no specific measurements, so you can add as little or much of each ingredient as you like.
Spiral pasta (or your favorite pasta), cooked
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Miracle Whip dressing
- Mix the first four ingredients together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Herbed French Bread Recipe
1 loaf French bread
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/4 cup chives, minced
- Cut the French bread into 1 inch slices.
- Combine the butter and herbs.
- Spread over one side of the bread.
- Broil until golden brown.
Bing Cherry Dessert Recipe
This bing cherry dessert recipe makes a delicious rich and creamy dessert you’re sure to love! It’s quick and easy to make with just 5 minutes work and then freeze. It’s perfect for family dinners, guests and get togethers!
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
7 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 (16 1/2 oz.) can pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
1 (8 oz.) container whipped topping
1 cup nuts
1/2 cup vanilla wafer or cookie crumbs
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients, except the cookie crumbs.
- Spread onto an ungreased 11x7x2 inch dish.
- Sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting.
Save Money On Groceries And Make Meals Easier! (Sale Up To 50% Off!)
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks SALE Up To 50% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!