This easy roast chicken recipe makes moist, delicious chicken. Spend 5 to 10 minutes preparing it, add carrots and potatoes and you’re done with dinner! You can find this recipe in volume 1 of our Dining On A Dime Cookbook.
Your family will love this healthy chicken recipe and it’s very versatile, so you can make it with a variety of different sides and have many different meals. Mike and the kids love this chicken and it’s a frequent favorite at our home. You can also use the roast chicken leftovers to make lots of other recipes that are best with roast chicken!Print
The BEST 3 Ingredient Roast Chicken Recipe
This easy roast chicken recipe makes moist, delicious roast chicken. Spend 5 to 10 minutes preparing it, add carrots and potatoes and you’re done with dinner!
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Rub the inside of the chicken with garlic cloves.
- If you’re using the optional items, put the thyme, rosemary and oregano (to taste) inside the bird.
- Rub the outside of the bird with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450-500° for 15 minutes.
- Then turn the oven down to 400° and roast for 35-45 minutes (for a 2 1/2 pound bird) or 1 hour (for a 3-5 pound bird) or until the temperature of the thigh reaches 180°. You can also let it cook all day in the crockpot on low.
- Allow the chicken to rest 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6-8.
This easy roast chicken recipe is from volume 1 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!