This is the best coffee cake recipe you will ever eat! It is a staple in our house. You are going to love it! When I make this coffee cake, it’s gone in about 30 minutes, so I usually make a double batch so that we can snack on some later. You can find this easy coffee cake recipe in volume 1 of our Dining On A Dime Cookbook. Try it! You’ll love it!
The BEST Coffee Cake Recipe
My mom has always had the best coffee cake recipe! This recipe makes it easy to make a delicious coffee cake that everyone loves! I often make this easy coffee cake for holidays, when guests are visiting or any time I want to make something special for the kids!
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 rounded Tbsp. shortening
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and shortening.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the mixture for the topping (see below).
- Add the milk to the remainder of the flour mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 inch buttered pan.
- Sprinkle the topping over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Serves 9.
Coffee Cake Topping
- Combine all of the ingredients for the topping with the flour mixture that was set aside.
- Mix well.
You can find the best coffee cake recipe in volume 1 of our cookbook:
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks, with tasty recipes and great tips to make your life easier and save you money!