Pudding Frosting Recipe
small (3oz) package of instant pudding mix
8 oz. container of whipped topping
Mix the pudding mix as directed, except using only half the milk called for in the box instructions. Combine that with the 8 oz. container of whipped topping.
- Use this pudding frosting for frosting cakes, cupcakes or to use as filling in cupcakes, Long Johns and other pastries.
- You can many different flavors of pudding to make the frosting. Lemon, white chocolate, chocolate, banana, butterscotch (for spice cakes).
- You might try using just vanilla to frost a cake, including the layers, and then add things like fresh berries, sprinkles, crushed candy, dried fruit, coconut and nuts.
- Chocolate shavings and sprinkles are great on chocolate frosting. You can also try candied lemon peels on lemon frosting and banana slices on banana pudding.
- This pudding frosting is a great way to use up some that leftover holiday candy you may have. Just crush it and sprinkle on top of the pudding frosting for a quick but luscious looking cake or cupcake!