This easy orange chicken recipe makes a tasty quick and easy meal. You’ll also find a meal plan, tips and a tasty pretzel brownies dessert.
Easy Orange Chicken Recipe, Pretzel Brownies And More
- Disconnect a bunch of bananas at the stem to keep them fresh longer.
- It is a mistake to boil water instead of simmering it. There is a difference. A simmer is where the bubbles are just under the surface of the water with one or two bubbles popping up once in a while. Boiling is when there are a lot of rapid bubbles on the surface. If a recipe says simmer, it is best to simmer. One example where this is important is when you are cooking meat. If you are in a hurry and you boil your meat for 30 minutes and then make it into a soup your meat will be very tough compared to simmering it for a couple of hours or more.
- Another common cooking mistake is undercooking baked goods. When we first start cooking we are usually afraid we are going to burn something so we take it out before it is done. Unless the recipe states otherwise, leave your cakes, biscuits, cornbread and other baked goods in the oven long enough to brown slightly. Even if the toothpick test comes out clean, if it isn’t brown leave it in a bit longer.
Orange Chicken Meal Plan:
Orange Soda Chicken
Brown or Steamed Rice
Peas and Carrots
Here’s an easy way to make a delicious orange chicken with just a small amount of work! This orange chicken recipe makes a quick and easy meal. I would probably serve with rice and broccoli so it is tasty and easy!Print
Easy Orange Chicken Recipe
Here’s an easy way to make a delicious Asian style orange chicken with just a small amount of work! This orange chicken recipe makes a quick and easy meal your family is sure to love!
4–5 chicken breasts
1 can diet orange soda
1/3 cup soy sauce
- Combine chicken, orange soda and soy sauce in a gallon freezer bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Baste it every now and then while it is cooking.
- You can also make this recipe in the crockpot. It has a wonderful flavor. To cook in the crockpot, cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- If you like to make it fancier, you can garnish with orange slices and or green onions.
Easy Pretzel Brownies Recipe
3/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups crushed pretzels
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 box brownie mix
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Melt the butter in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Stir in the crushed pretzels and sugar and spread on the inside of the baking dish to make the crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Prepare a brownie mix according to the box directions.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Do not over-bake.)
- When cooled, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Spread over the top of the baked and cooled brownies.
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!