How to make homemade biscuits! This easy homemade baking powder biscuits recipe makes the most delicious biscuits that are super yummy and easy to make!
This easy homemade biscuits recipe has been a favorite in our family. Mike spent a lot of time making and re-making the recipe to figure out the perfect taste and texture. We prefer the biscuits just as they are but the recipe is easily adaptable, so if you want to try adding garlic, cheese or some other favorite ingredient, feel free to experiment!Print
Mike’s Baking Powder Biscuits Recipe
- Yield: 10-12 biscuits
2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 scant cup milk
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a fork or pastry blender until it resembles cornmeal.
- Add milk, stirring enough to combine ingredients. Do not over stir.
- Put dough on a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. If the dough is sticky add a little flour to help form the ball.
- Knead lightly 5-10 times.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick and cut with a biscuit cutter or a glass rim that has been dipped in flour.
- Put onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 10-12 baking powder biscuits.
These biscuits are a great part of a big breakfast, but they also work well with virtually any dinner menu! They only take a few minutes to prepare, so you can make a batch and let them bake while you get the rest of your meal on the table! We usually set them in a basket with a clean kitchen towel laid inside and then fold the top of the towel over the biscuits to keep them warm when they’re on the table.
If you’d like to have biscuits and sausage gravy, you can get the gravy recipe here! Just add sausage and you’ll have a super yummy meal!
This homemade biscuits recipe is from volume 1 of our cookbook. For more quick and easy recipes your family will love, check it out here!
Click here to get our Dining On A Dime Cookbooks 25% Off NOW! They’re filled with tasty recipes and tips to make your life easier!