Save Money At After Easter Sales
Buy Easter baskets and buckets at after Easter sales for:
- Storing the kids’ toys. They come in different colors and sizes and are perfect to store little toys like hot wheels cars, crayons, markers, dish sets, etc. The Easter baskets and buckets have handles on them so the kids love to carry them from one place to other and makes it easy for them to carry while picking up their toys.
- The Easter buckets are also great for the kids to use as sandbox buckets.
- Use the baskets in baby’s room (especially if it is done in pastels) to store socks, shoes, bath items or diaper changing accessories. Again the handle makes it easy to carry from room to room.
Other useful things to buy at after Easter sales:
- Buy shredded colored Easter grass. It is great to use in place of tissue paper for some things. A good example is stuffing it in the top of gift bags or inside small packages for cushioning.
- Use egg dyes at different times of the year for festive hard boiled eggs. Use red and blue dyes on your hard boiled eggs for your 4th of July picnic, green for St. Patrick’s Day, red for Valentine’s day, etc.
- Linens and things. You can get napkins, tablecloths, serving trays and more that can be used in your home or for babies, bridal showers, or little girls’ birthdays.
- Buy items for baby, birthday, Christmas, or anytime gifts. For example, you can find dog, rabbit or duck washrag puppets or resin knick-knacks of different animals that would be so cute in a baby’s or toddlers room.
- A lot of young girls have collections of rabbits, ducks and other cute little animals and these would be great for them.
Stuffed animals are especially good things to get at after Easter sales.
- Besides using them for gifts for babies, young children or teenage girls, you can also use them for the elderly in nursing homes. My children even buy me a stuffed something once in a while–no, I’m not in a nursing home even though they think I’m old enough to be :-).
- Another great thing to do with the stuffed animals from after Easter sales is to buy a huge bunch of them and take them to your women’s shelter. So many times the women and children there have had to quickly leave their homes, leaving everything behind them, including family pets, favorite toys, dolls and stuffed animals. Sometimes we get so busy comforting their stomachs we forget that their hearts need to be comforted, too.
- Ask your neighborhood fire or police department if they could use some stuffed animals. Police and firefighters often find themselves in situations with frightened children and sometimes they like to have things like the stuffed animals to give the children. Also, juvenile detention centers and hospitals need so many things for the kids.
- Last, but not least, children’s homes and churches can always use stuffed animals and other toys.
Photo By: LadydragonflyCC